VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Re: My GTI after 2months~ (Vdub_nutz2000)

Quote, originally posted by Vdub_nutz2000 »
Looks good, but what's with the antenna?? What happened to your shark fin antenna??

package 0 = no sat = no shark fin = that antenna.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: My GTI after 2months~ (00VR6Tong)

Quote, originally posted by 00VR6Tong »
u and your friends raced yet?

Yeah man. The RSX needs a better driver! ahahha! From a dig, i leave the rsx like 1 car length. From a roll, were pretty much even if vtec already kicked in! The tC, runs like a champ! haha.. He can keep up with both of us.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (jaroth)

Quote, originally posted by jaroth »
Sweet pics, I still like the look of the TC, too bad it's a huge piece of sh*t.

Which one did you drive? the automatic? Cause his car eats Cobalt SS's for breakfast~

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Mr. Hahns)

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Hahns »
How does your car ride with the Race springs and GTI dampers? Your car looks awseome and so does your friends. Funy thing is you are the faster out of the 3. Keep us posted!

Ride is fine. Dont really difference.. You can pretty much go twice the speed limit on the exit ramp~

·
Registered
2016 VW Golf R, 2001 BMW Z3 3.0i
1,207 Posts
Re: (ryaaannnn)

Quote, originally posted by ryaaannnn »

Which one did you drive? the automatic? Cause his car eats Cobalt SS's for breakfast~

Unless it has some aftermarket upgrades a tC cannot hang with a Cobalt SS, GTI or RSX.
I test drove a tC. Its a nice car, but the shifter was sloppy, steering is a bit vague (especially considering the type of car it is), and handling isn't as tight as a Cobalt SS, RSX, or GTI. Its not a bad car for ~16k, but compared to these other cars its not really in the same ballpark. Its good competition for a regular Civic, Cobalt, or Rabbit though.

·
I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!!
14,535 Posts
Re: (SJ_GTI)

Quote, originally posted by SJ_GTI »

Unless it has some aftermarket upgrades a tC cannot hang with a Cobalt SS, GTI or RSX.
I test drove a tC. Its a nice car, but the shifter was sloppy, steering is a bit vague (especially considering the type of car it is), and handling isn't as tight as a Cobalt SS, RSX, or GTI. Its not a bad car for ~16k, but compared to these other cars its not really in the same ballpark. Its good competition for a regular Civic, Cobalt, or Rabbit though.

Plus the tc only comes with 170 hp stock...doesn't it

If that tc engine is stock there is no way it could keep up with the GTI and Acura

·
I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!!
14,535 Posts
Re: My GTI after 2months~ (ryaaannnn)

Yeah man. The RSX needs a better driver! ahahha! From a dig, i leave the rsx like 1 car length. From a roll, were pretty much even if vtec already kicked in! The tC, runs like a champ! haha.. He can keep up with both of us.

Awe man.....chip it. You gotta represent son

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (Time for a GTI)

Quote, originally posted by Time for a GTI »

Plus the tc only comes with 170 hp stock...doesn't it

If that tc engine is stock there is no way it could keep up with the GTI and Acura

its 160 stock

·
Registered
2016 VW Golf R, 2001 BMW Z3 3.0i
1,207 Posts
Re: (ryaaannnn)

yea there are aftermarket parts on it.

TRD supercharger? Or something else?
Just curious. I've heard there are some aftermarket turbo's that make alot of power off that camry engine. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote, originally posted by SJ_GTI »

TRD supercharger? Or something else?
Just curious. I've heard there are some aftermarket turbo's that make alot of power off that camry engine. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

he is still NA, nothing major. just bolt-ons

·
Registered
295 Posts

I came from a tC before my GTI. Had TRD exhaust and intake on it and was 5 speed. The GTI is so much faster even on its worst of days.
I do miss the low end grunt of the tC though. But the VW ride quality MORE than makes up for it!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.