VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My GTI Autobahn!!! - milan187

Update: I will use this thread to keep progress on my car in the future.

Hey guys been posting here for a bit and finally got my car yesterday!
I think its time I post some pics :)

Its an Autobahn, Manual, Cloth, Nav. This is in Canada and I am so happy to be able to get cloth in a fully loaded options. I hope that option comes to the US in the near future as well.
Car is a blast, used half a tank in one day :)
Waxed it right away, truly an awesome color (Carbon Steel Metallic)

picture upload

upload a picture

image ru

upload a picture

post images

free screenshot software

photoupload

image hosting 30 mb

free upload pictures

windows 7 print screen

post images

picture share

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congratulations!

I went to the same dealer to look at one. Did you deal with Jason Donio?

I still have his card in my wallet for when I'm ready to order!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Such a beautiful car - and that plaid interior + Autobahn! :beer: Congrats man.
That's pretty much the exact car I want except I want mine White. I finally can see how the plaid interior looks cause I've only seen the cars with leather and no cooled seats with leather = a no no for me :(

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! Love everything about it.
I've just had leather for 4-5 years so wanted to move away from it for a bit.
If I did not have leather who knows what I would have decided on. I love the look of plaid but I wonder if the leather will wear better?

·
Banned
21,195 Posts
Thanks guys! Love everything about it.
I've just had leather for 4-5 years so wanted to move away from it for a bit.
If I did not have leather who knows what I would have decided on. I love the look of plaid but I wonder if the leather will wear better?
The plaid wears very well however it is not as forgiving as leather. I had plaid in my 08 and 2011 and both cars looked great after 3 years. miss it but the leather in the mk7 is pretty damn impressive. still can't beat the look of the plaid seats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gorgeous.

I'm saving up this summer and next summer to get one when I graduate from university. Stupid question (but idk cause it will be my first car), will I still be able to buy a new 2015 from the factory even though the 2017's will likely be out by then? That is providing I don't like any of the newer models better.

Also, I'm in Canada too but I thought for the Autobahn trim you could only get the car in DSG automatic and with leather seats? And what did you end up paying for it?

·
Registered
947 Posts
This is an Autobahn without leather?? I'm confused.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Gorgeous.

I'm saving up this summer and next summer to get one when I graduate from university. Stupid question (but idk cause it will be my first car), will I still be able to buy a new 2015 from the factory even though the 2017's will likely be out by then? That is providing I don't like any of the newer models better.

Also, I'm in Canada too but I thought for the Autobahn trim you could only get the car in DSG automatic and with leather seats? And what did you end up paying for it?
2015 is an all new model (MK7 or MKVII), it will not change probably until 2018 or longer. So buying a 2017 model would be better and mostly the same. Minor things such as options could change and you will not be able to order a 2015 unless you found one on the lot.
In Canada you can can get fully loaded (autobahn) manual with or without leather, DSG is also optional.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Gorgeous.

You won't want a 2015, you'll want the 2016 or 2017. There may be small tweaks but it'll be the same car with probably all the kinks worked out from the 2015 models.

·
Registered
1 Posts
+1 Looks fantastic, and those cloth seats!! I'm trying to work with a dealer in VA but I'm getting the no cloth with Autobahn response... Was told I could just try to post a trade, why would they not make it an option is beyond me...

·
Registered
32 Posts
+1 looks great! I have the same in 6MT in Vancouver, and am at 5 coats of wax. Carbon Steel Great is so understated and stunning!
Like yourself, the last 5 years I have been in leather seats.

I just find the cloth inserts on the doors get dirty/dusty - I am considering keeping a brush in my car just for that reason! ;)

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
+1 looks great! I have the same in 6MT in Vancouver, and am at 5 coats of wax. Carbon Steel Great is so understated and stunning!
Like yourself, the last 5 years I have been in leather seats.

I just find the cloth inserts on the doors get dirty/dusty - I am considering keeping a brush in my car just for that reason! ;)
I think we both made a wise choice in our options and colour :)

What kind of brush where you thinking of keeping in the car. I may do the same.

I just washed it again tonight. It's addicting to keep it clean.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts