VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I decided I should start a new thread for the tube frame. considering the V8 was going to go in the golf but that project changed direction quickly.(and will still be finished).
so with quattro you bring a couple problem to the table, especially when you're trying to put it in a different car it doesn't belong in.
1: steering(if stock) can be a problem to mount
2: deciding whether to tube the whole damn thing or going through the trouble of adding/removing floor panels
We ran into having a lack of room for steering in the Golf after slapping in the V8
so we ultimately decided to build a tube frame and put everything where we wanted it (steering, etc) build the car to our expectations....and so it began, the rise of a demon.

This is how it started and started to end, yesterday

action shot of removing the floor

-minus the rad support

we already had the rear floor removed a while ago, and made the car a 3 wheeler(most of you have probably seen the pics)

this is the jig table we made, ill get some better pics later

this is only the beginning

he he

and then the remnants

the car seems to have split in half...

oh...there its going back together...minus 10 inches

the "final product"

so that the start, this should keep rockin steady as far as progress goes, couple nights a week. alot of the reinforcements i n th roof still need to be gutted.
we needed the shell, to make sure everything is going to land where it needs to, then we could move further in the frame-making progress.
Car will get a widebody, and is using the 3.6 V8 motor
Stay tuned till next time. Same Bat time Same. Bat channel.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Re: My HomeBrew Tubeframe Quattro (flyingphil1)

looks good. I have pics of my tube frame new beetle being built if you want to take a gander for ideas.

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Re: My HomeBrew Tubeframe Quattro (gli4life)

holy **** dude,,,,,this is ****in crazy........dont stop till its done http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif best of luck to you guys...hope it gose as pland

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
why not go for 5cyl turbo like the Gp B cars?? they bulit an engine that was 1000hp but never got to run it in a rally, well i guess you have use what you got, or what you can get your hands on but if you went all out it would be sweet to do it!!!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: My HomeBrew Tubeframe Quattro (abuthemagician)

theres alot more progress but MG doesnt allow hot linking...and im too lazy to look around for a host...everytime i use photobucket my bandwidth is gone in 2 days for the month

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.