VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost crashed the R today. I was heading North on 95 in Philly, noticed a blue R heading south at Bridge St., waved, no return wave - probably did't see me.
10 min later, I'm in the left lane, car ahead, car in blind spot. This motherless f decides to accelerate and merge into my lane AND THERE"S NOONE IN FRONT OF HIM! Before I know it, I'm breaking and 3/4 of the way into the shoulder - that's 2 tires in gravel & 2 on the street. My car nosedived and the rear pushed out to the right slightly. Then the f... realized what he had done and accelerates back to his original lane looking ahead as if nothing happeded. I was beeping with the hands up - with the what's-the-matter-with-you look, and no look back. We were within, no more than 2 inches of each other doing 85. The guys wife was yelling at him. he was driving a blue Concorde.
I got a Black R to keep a low profile but WTF.
95% of any other cars would not have kept their composure like that under those circumstances..... Gotta love the R

·
Registered
285 Posts
Re: My invisible R32 (housguy)

thank god for great cars, yeah I see the same r myself and he has never seen my car, but silver, I think, is even more low pro than yours dude.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: My invisible R32 (falloutboy74)

I had a silver one on order..... should'a waited. Keeping mine clean is impossible

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Re: My invisible R32 (schneer968)

That sucks, man.
I had a similar experience the other day on the way to work.
I was doing about 45 or so heading south down a local road, and there's a guy ahead on a side street waiting to make a left on to the road to head north. I get within, say, 30 feet of the side street and this ****** decides to turn onto the road. I didn't have time to honk the horn, but after I came within 1-2 feet of hitting him, I had slowed enough to look over and throw my arms up and yell "WTF" at closed window (good, huh?
). The guy didn't even look over to acknowledge that I was there.
Thank GOD this car his awesome brakes. If I was in any other car, I think I would have broadsided this idiot. He probably had some fly-by-night insurance company, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a different day, I was exiting 476 near Philly, to get off at Plymouth Meeting. There are 2 lanes on the exit ramp. I was in the left and this other lady (yapping on her cell phone) was in the right lane. I was traveling faster than she was, so as I was passing beside her, this biatch decides that she doesn't want to be on the exit ramp anymore. Instead, she decided to go through me in order to reach the toll booths. If we had been up any further, I may have ended up saying hello to a concrete divider.
I was lucky enough to have enough room to swerve and floor it to avoid her.

Modified by Max Rebo at 12:37 AM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
115 Posts
Re: My invisible R32 (falloutboy74)

Heh heh, ever tried driving in New England, especially around the Boston area ? There are no rules, it's every man for himself.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Re: My invisible R32 (blackmagic333)

Hmmmm ... I'm starting to think that I may want to keep my DRLs instead of disabling them. Have recently moved from Cleveland to a small college town about 75 miles southeast. A 5 minute drive and you're on country roads (and I'm finding quite a few hilly, twisty ones that are R32 perfect) -- have noticed that a lot of the locals on these roads drive with their headlights on -- maybe they're on to something! So far, nobody's pulled out in front of me, and I wonder if the DRLs are a contributing factor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts