VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
My first thought was wire the the turn signal to the drl, but then how to do you indicate turn?...please explain

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome yourself,
my headlights for european,normally do not have orange reflectors in the headlight
so open for use by myself and got the inside of the headlight
The signal bulbs to cancel and you connect a parallel park and daylight bulbs you attribute the signal at.
When the bright light during the day gives light, parking light bulbs with the dim-light signals when you turn allows the park.
these processes are not problems in my country.

can speak English a little bit bad so sorry
Thank you for your good comments..

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
He opened up the lamp to put IN an orange reflector, lol. It's awesome and funny because most people in the U.S. want the Euro clear. As for the parking lamps and DRL all being amber and on, total Corvette style for DRL setup and very attractive with a black Jetta.

English is good enough to understand and appreciate the thread :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
He opened up the lamp to put IN an orange reflector, lol. It's awesome and funny because most people in the U.S. want the Euro clear. As for the parking lamps and DRL all being amber and on, total Corvette style for DRL setup and very attractive with a black Jetta.

English is good enough to understand and appreciate the thread :thumbup:
Haha great translation. How are his lights wires up though?

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Haha great translation. How are his lights wires up though?
I'm going to try :)

The signal bulbs to cancel and you connect a parallel park and daylight bulbs you attribute the signal at. When the bright light during the day gives light, parking light bulbs with the dim-light signals when you turn allows the park.

It sounds like he might connect the DRL to the signal/park bulb via the positive (power) wires. This does three things;

1) Allows the DRL to feed power to the signal/park lamp during the daytime (headlights off) so it stays on with the DRL in the day

2) Allows the signal/park to power the DRL at night while the headlamps and other lamps are on as well.

3) The flasher on the park/signal bulb stays as is and will flash normally either in day or night because typically the flasher is on a third wire for higher power.

I'm kinda guessing but it's sorta how I wired up my old Saturn to enable the side markers to signal with the turn signals. Bad diagram below.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I Love the 19" Rims on your ride!!!

Im also from Europe, and i don´t have this headlights :eek:

The orange DRL and lightning Turning signal is :thumbup:
Realy like it!!

Your english is as bad as mine :laugh:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I Love the 19" Rims on your ride!!!

Im also from Europe, and i don´t have this headlights :eek:

The orange DRL and lightning Turning signal is :thumbup:
Realy like it!!

Your english is as bad as mine :laugh:

And my english is worst of all. Viva Google Translator,,,hahahahah

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I'm going to try :)

The signal bulbs to cancel and you connect a parallel park and daylight bulbs you attribute the signal at. When the bright light during the day gives light, parking light bulbs with the dim-light signals when you turn allows the park.

It sounds like he might connect the DRL to the signal/park bulb via the positive (power) wires. This does three things;

1) Allows the DRL to feed power to the signal/park lamp during the daytime (headlights off) so it stays on with the DRL in the day

2) Allows the signal/park to power the DRL at night while the headlamps and other lamps are on as well.

3) The flasher on the park/signal bulb stays as is and will flash normally either in day or night because typically the flasher is on a third wire for higher power.

I'm kinda guessing but it's sorta how I wired up my old Saturn to enable the side markers to signal with the turn signals. Bad diagram below.

Awesome, thanks for that!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.