VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3-year lease on my 2001 WE Jetta is up in August. My mileage should be at 30,000 in August, but it will be closer to 40,000 (yet another thing to consider). I've had an APR 93 Octane Chip for 20,000 miles, no problems at all. The car is in great shape, no major flaws. My first question is, if I do turn in the car, do I swap the chip out for stock, or just use the flip-switch to turn it back to stock? I know it sounds like a silly question, but are they going to open up the ECU when I turn it in? My next option is to sell my car on my own and pay off the buy-out. The problem here is, I only get the title to my car when I buy out the lease. How do I sell the car without a title, or will most people accept the title after I buy out my Jetta? I'm looking to get back into another Jetta, hopefully a new GLI, should I try and work something out with the dealer with my car, or just sell it and then go back? Thanks for the help. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Re: My lease is up and I'm chipped, should I sell my car? (BoraBarn4)

Flip it back to stock and turn it in. Done. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Its mostly a visual inspection when you turn in a lease. Checking for damage and extreme wear.
I say if you car "looks" stock, then no problem.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: My lease is up and I'm chipped, should I sell my car? (ACEdubs)

So you don't think I should take my chances with selling it? What if I could get more on private sale than the actual buy-out price? I will also be a few thousand miles over the allowance.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Re: My lease is up and I'm chipped, should I sell my car? (BoraBarn4)

Well, if you pay .15 cents a mile for 4000 miles, thats only $600. You can't sell the car until you have the title. So...that means you have to go to the dealer and purchase your car instead of turning it in and then turn around and sell it.
If you're getting another VW, call APR. I think for $150 they'll transfer the ECU programming to your new car.
I still think its going to be less of a headache just turning it in and starting fresh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts