VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

my lighting is horrible,why?,help!

562 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Kevin Rowley 
#1 ·
i recently purchased a corrado, the headlights don't light the road at all, my fog lights are brighter and i have to use them all the time. it makes no difference at night weather or not i have my lights on. Is that how all C's are or is something wrong with my headlights. Their lite up bright when you look at them, but they don't reflect on the ground at all. whats up, what should i do, please help. Are there any light convertions for corrados?
:confuse

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: my lighting is horrible,why?,help! (dallaryan14)

Are you lenses dirty?
Is your alternator getting enough current to the bulbs???
How is your wiring? Maybe try re-wiring with a relay to pull current directly from the battery w/o going through all that wiring that the stock setup has.
Or maybe you need to go with an HID conversion kit.
If you want more info on that people around here will tell you to go to http://www.autolamps-online.com
Later,

#4 ·
Re: my lighting is horrible,why?,help! (dallaryan14)

Step one: make sure the lights are clean
Step two: make sure the lights are aimed correctly
Step three: make sure the lights are getting 13.5 volts
If none of these help, you may need to look into replacement headlights. If so, strongly consider upgrading to the European spec headlights. Then, implement steps one, two and three again.
With European spec lights wired with heavy gauge wire and relays, you can then increase the wattage of the bulbs. Above all else, remember that proper aiming is the most important thing to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.