VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
volkswagen Jetta 1.4T
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my name is Chris. I have YouTube channel. I am going to swap a 24v VR6 into my 2016 VW Jetta 1.4T

I am in the data/info collection phase. I have been looking for info / threads for about 3 solid weeks.

Where are these vr6 swap threads hiding?

( Search hasn't yielded any results, or maybe i am not using it right )

---> My MAIN concern is the wiring/coding <---

I am looking for some help in this department. Can anyone shed any light in this area? ( I have the oem vr6 harnesses, both sides )
I want to maintain oem dash functionality and a/c lol.

End goal is a turbo vr6.

mk6chris

·
Registered
volkswagen Jetta 1.4T
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome thank you. I'll read it completely during dinner. Is it just me , or finding a vr6 swap thread is challenging? All the ones I find are half done. For example, they talk about it , but no one follows through with it. I see 2 big YouTube channels that have done a couple but they don't go into detail about wiring and such. Maybe because it's boring but that is probably the most important part...

·
Registered
84 Posts
There doesn't seem to be much detail, as you say. I figured all the wiring manually, which is pretty much a requirement as there are so many variations.

A few guys have started conversions like mine, but not may finish them, it seems. I could have easily been one of those guys...:oops:

·
Registered
volkswagen Jetta 1.4T
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There doesn't seem to be much detail, as you say. I figured all the wiring manually, which is pretty much a requirement as there are so many variations.

A few guys have started conversions like mine, but not may finish them, it seems. I could have easily been one of those guys...:oops:
Yeah the wiring is my biggest concern . Everything else is “ easier “ for me.

How do you figure out something like this?

I have found some “custom wire harness “ companies but they don’t seem like they have a lot of knowledge .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
04 R32. Mk4 imola GTI with 3.2 swap v
9,306 Posts
As far as wiring goes, you'll need wiring diagrams from the vehicle you pulled the engine from and wiring diagrams to the donor car. I'm in the gathering info phase myself and it seems like not much to find for swap threads in me mk5 platform. I think mk5 and mk6 are similar?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.