VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Picked up my new Golf R yesterday. Dealership brought it in with the intentions of of twisting my arm to take it. This is my 9th VW. I’ve owned in the past: 92 Jetta 8V, 01 GTI 1.8T, 02 GTI 337, 06 Jetta TDI, 07 Passat Wagon 3.6 4motion, 12 Jetta GLI, 16 Golf R, 19 Tiguan R Line and now my MK8 Golf R.
I missed my last Golf R and when the new ones were announced my addiction kicked into overdrive.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky

Clothing Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello all! Picked up my new Golf R yesterday. Dealership brought it in with the intentions of of twisting my arm to take it. This is my 9th VW. I’ve owned in the past: 92 Jetta 8V, 01 GTI 1.8T, 02 GTI 337, 06 Jetta TDI, 07 Passat Wagon 3.6 4motion, 12 Jetta GLI, 16 Golf R, 19 Tiguan R Line and now my MK8 Golf R.
I missed my last Golf R and when the new ones were announced my addiction kicked into overdrive.
View attachment 148545
View attachment 148549
View attachment 148548
View attachment 148547
View attachment 148546
Which dealership?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I see that picture of (I'm assuming) you with the sold sign and it reminded me of something that happened a few years back. I was a tech for Land Rover/Jaguar and we sold a car to a guy and the sales guy loved to take pictures like that. Fast forward a couple months and another guy contacts the dealership wondering why he's getting bills for a car he never bought. Turns out the guy who bought the car used this guys credit to buy it and even stood for a picture. Some people have balls.
Good luck in your new car. It's a cool car, I love driving my MK 7.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I see that picture of (I'm assuming) you with the sold sign and it reminded me of something that happened a few years back. I was a tech for Land Rover/Jaguar and we sold a car to a guy and the sales guy loved to take pictures like that. Fast forward a couple months and another guy contacts the dealership wondering why he's getting bills for a car he never bought. Turns out the guy who bought the car used this guys credit to buy it and even stood for a picture. Some people have balls.
Good luck in your new car. It's a cool car, I love driving my MK 7.
Hahaha oh man that is some balls! Hope they found him.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Do you mind if I ask whether you paid over MSPR for the car?

Seems like such a weird time to buy anything out there.

Also, congrats. Love this car and color. I might been looking at one of these myself, but I still have my 7.5 R which I'm still in love with.

·
Registered
21' Arteon SEL Premium R-Line / AWD
23 Posts
View attachment 148545
View attachment 148549
View attachment 148548
View attachment 148547
View attachment 148546
Absolutely awesome looking.

I was on the fence about the styling when revealed but seeing one in person they are MEGA! The GTI's too.

Only got my Arteon this year but already thinking about trading in for one. Probably sometime at the end of next year

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats, my man. Please come back and give us your first impressions after you've enjoyed her a little bit.
I've had my R since Dec 2nd. Same color and specs as above, and also in Nova Scotia. First impressions are all good. It's a blast to drive. Car completely changes character when cycling through modes. Comfort is quiet, grocery-getter (but I don't spend much time there). Sport is the default and a perfect mid-point. Race & Special turn it into a beast. Most reviews complain about the lack of buttons on infotainment. I agreed at first as there's definitely a learning curve (took the salesman and me a few minutes to figure out how to turn the AC fan down) but now that I'm used to it, it's fine. The 'Smart-Climate' functions work really well once you set them up the way you want. I do wish it had remote start through VW's Car-Net app. It's available for other vw's, but apparently not the R. I've had many other vw's and a couple of S4's, and this car has them all beat in terms of fun-factor.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I've had my R since Dec 2nd. Same color and specs as above, and also in Nova Scotia. First impressions are all good. It's a blast to drive. Car completely changes character when cycling through modes. Comfort is quiet, grocery-getter (but I don't spend much time there). Sport is the default and a perfect mid-point. Race & Special turn it into a beast. Most reviews complain about the lack of buttons on infotainment. I agreed at first as there's definitely a learning curve (took the salesman and me a few minutes to figure out how to turn the AC fan down) but now that I'm used to it, it's fine. The 'Smart-Climate' functions work really well once you set them up the way you want. I do wish it had remote start through VW's Car-Net app. It's available for other vw's, but apparently not the R. I've had many other vw's and a couple of S4's, and this car has them all beat in terms of fun-factor.
Good to hear. I’m coming from a B9 S4. Had a mk7 and mk7.5 R. Missed the R so much. Can’t wait to get back into it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts