VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since its been getting warmer iv been starting putting the pieces iv collected over the months on the car.
This is how she sat about a month ago

after adding the open fogs and euro lip

arrival is the diesel geek panzar skid plate

and finally the installation of h&r coilovers

and h&r 10mm spacers

i had the skid plate and coilovers installed by induktion motorsports, i highly recommend these guy if your in the md, dc, or pa area. great service and very friendly. i was originally going to go with the kw v1s, but i had to return them dur to the rear springs being damaged. very happy with the h&rs. great ride, sometimes even better then stock. future plans are R32 tails, h&r 24mm sway bar, and roof rack.

Modified by cros at 8:18 PM 4-21-2007

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (4vgnugn)

Quote, originally posted by 4vgnugn »
nice gti dude.
question. what does the skid plate do for you? isn't there already a plastic one? no one can see it and metal is heavier isn't it?

this one covers the oil pan and engine alot better the the stock plastic thing. its not heavy at all, maybe 10lbs or something. it can easly be taken off by one person. and from what i was told, alot of people run 'em.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: my month of mods (broken teef)

Quote, originally posted by broken teef »
Nice car man, hope to see it around!
I'm riding around in the BMP RTI that seriously needs a drop.

iv actaully seen alot more gtis/rabbits during the past couple of days....but not yours. where would i see you around?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Re: my month of mods (cros)

The spacers are alreay installed in the Coilover pics, aren't they? I like it better with spacers too. Tell me, did you only get spacers for the back?

Modified by frenchvw at 8:40 AM 4-22-2007

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: my month of mods (nastybags)

Quote, originally posted by nastybags »
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif nice H&R coils......whats your settings,i just spun them bitches all the way

i had them pre-set by the guys who installed them. i told them i didnt want to rub going over everything, and so far so good. both the front and back can come down more, just not sure how much lower

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: my month of mods (frenchvw)

Quote, originally posted by frenchvw »
The spacers are alreay installed in the Coilover pics, aren't they? I like it better with spacers too. Tell me, did you only get spacers for the back?

Modified by frenchvw at 8:40 AM 4-22-2007

yes, they are installed in the last 3 pics. 10mm in the rear only. and there is quite a difference in person when you see them.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Re: my month of mods (cros)

Quote, originally posted by cros »

iv actaully seen alot more gtis/rabbits during the past couple of days....but not yours. where would i see you around?

Not sure, I don't go to the mall all that often. I mostly go 29S down to Chevy Chase where my girlfriend lives, but I'm trying to get a local job so I might be in the area more. I'm usually over in the Ellicott City area, so keep an eye out. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: my month of mods (broken teef)

Quote, originally posted by broken teef »

Not sure, I don't go to the mall all that often. I mostly go 29S down to Chevy Chase where my girlfriend lives, but I'm trying to get a local job so I might be in the area more. I'm usually over in the Ellicott City area, so keep an eye out. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

will do http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif i sometimes see a RS 2dr going down 29s on my way to work each morning. but ill keep a look out for a black RTI

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.