VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My morning duel...

Dropped my kid off at daycare this morning and headed to work. Last stop light before entering the onramp; I decide to pull into the lane next to the one (the only one) going onto the ramp. Ya ya ‘cause I’m the first in that lane and I figure that there’s enough time to get in front of the car next to me before the ramp funnels’ into that narrow lane.
Oh yeah… temperature is about freezing, roads are wet. I’m in my 98 Jetta Z S/C GLX and the guy next to me, a new S60 T5. I start rolling... light turns... accelerate… in the corner of my eye the Swedish erotica’s grill want to give me a rectal exam… got to go to 3rd early because lost traction in 1st and 2nd. I haven’t cleared the black Volvo yet and the Pirreli SnowSports are sitting in no man’s land just meters ahead… the concrete wishbone. By around this time the tach is in the meat and potatoe range and the rubber is sticking. I’m doing the driving looking through my rearview mirror…. There’s room… I’M THROUGH!!!
Yes…. I momentarily feel the cool morning air from my vents on my teeth… when my attention leaves my beautiful defeated opponent… and focus on the neglected road ahead… is that the back end of an eighteen wheeler in standstill traffic in FRONT!?! HARD ON THE BRAKES…SSSLLLLIIDDDIIINNNG ABS is tap dancing under the pressure of my steel toe boot while my sardines & salad lunch Tupperware container hits the dashboard so hard I’m still taking scales out of the glove box.
And I live to see another day…

[Modified by benzvr6, 3:14 AM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Re: My morning duel... If you have patience... (benzvr6)

Who eats sardines?

Sean

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Re: My morning duel... If you have patience... (SaNo2Ryc)

quote:[HR][/HR]were not silly, were just less arrogant, and are actually better educated in a relative nation wide stat. avg.
[HR][/HR]​
That's cuz your government buys education and health care for it's citizens, while ours buys battle ships and $10,000 toilets. Lucky bastards.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Re: My morning duel... If you have patience... (JPawn1)

Sorry I couldnt resist! I did understand it. You got alot of bolahs. You'd never catch me doing that on a wet pavement.

[Modified by Gazabomb, 3:22 AM 11-29-2001]

·
Banned
6,535 Posts
Re: My morning duel... If you have patience... (Gazabomb)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Sorry I couldnt resist! I did understand it. You got alot of bolahs. You'd never catch me doing that on a wet pavement.

[Modified by Gazabomb, 3:22 AM 11-29-2001][HR][/HR]​
hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahhahhaa thats priceless ahahahhahahahahahaaaaaaa

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Re: My morning duel... If you have patience... (EuroStyle)

quote:[HR][/HR]Who eats sardines?

Sean[HR][/HR]​
Glad you are okay...you have a way with description I felt like I was riding shotgun and watching the dead fishies hit the dashboard.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Take it easy sometimes beating one car to get ahead is not worth it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.