VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

· Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a problem. I'll admit it. It's an addiction. I love cars. All cars. Like weirdly love them. Look, I'm not having sex with tailpipes or wanting to marry them or anything but the addiction to them is real. I've slowed down now that I've reached my mid, okay let's be honest, late-40's and I feel like I've moved to a quality over quantity situation. There was a time in my not so distant past where I would basically juggle cars and have upwards of 8-10 of them at a time. That got to be cumbersome after some 20 something years of it. So now I've settled down and decided to have a more purposeful collection of cars that I can realistically enjoy.

So as some of you might know I have been looking for a car. At first that was an E34 540i, then it was an E36 wagon and now it has morphed into a, E36 M3/4/5. I've gone through with it and actually purchased a car that is a one owner piece out in CA. The car is really clean and has been really well maintained by its original owner for its 23 years of existence. It's a real gem. So anyways... There will be plenty of time to talk about the car. Let's talk about what this thread is really about. The adventure.

Tomorrow morning my friend Chris and I will board a plane at Austin/Bergstrom and jet across the country first to Phoenix and then to Burbank where I will pick the car up. Some necessary adjustments will be made to the car, some food and sleeping will happen and then the trip begins on Thursday morning. Upon landing I will be meeting @MylesPH1 to eat some food and turn some wrenches, then we're off. I'm not taking a direct route either and I'm doing it in 2 days. I'll update this thread at night with as many pics as I see fit starting tomorrow night after final prep has been achieved.

For now, here are some pics of the car and the route with plenty of empty space for updates. Let's talk about the adventure, the cars and other stuff too.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

With the route.

World Map Atlas Parallel Rectangle

· Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is awesome. In for the story.
I hope to have some good stories. I love me some adventures.

excellent!

im not the worlds biggest e36 fan, but have always had a soft spot for the 3/4/5
one owner 3/4/5 from CA, i hesitate to even ask what that cost :D
was this is a BaT sorta thing, or a friend of a friend, or was it listed on some bmw forum?
A friend pointed me at the car and it wasn't as expensive as you may think.

· Registered
2009 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
3,792 Posts
This ought to be good, I'm in, good luck.

Reactions: whalemingo

· Premium Member
7,513 Posts
Oh, count me in for this.

What are the "adjustments" that will be made prior to departure?

· Registered
2023 Subaru Outback
5,645 Posts
In for this! That's a stunning car and the trip sounds like a blast too!

Reactions: whalemingo

· Registered
5,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, count me in for this.

What are the "adjustments" that will be made prior to departure?
I guess you'll just have to check in for updates tomorrow. :p

In for this! That's a stunning car and the trip sounds like a blast too!
More pics of the car tomorrow, that's for sure. Gonna need pics of it in exotic locations. Like in the snow on summer tires.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts