VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new GTI and couldn't be any happier. It really seems to suit my current lifestyle perfectly.
On to the good stuff though... I stopped by Futrell autoworks (a portland area APR dealer, tuner) yesterday with the intent to have APR programming installed. Upon hooking up a computer to the car I was informed it couldn't be done and that if I would allow, they would like to forward the info on my ECU to APR, I agreed and was told that it would most likely be a few weeks until they had a '07 solution because they needed more time with their "beta" car. Hopefully this is the case and they can release something prior to next year. Personally, I think I'm going to wait until they do release whatever they are working on just so I know my options.
I also wanted to thank the guys at Futrell, they were nice enough to change some of the Vag options on my car and take me for a nice little test ride in their 06 with APR programming. I would recommend them to anyone.
I plan on doing a set of pss9 coilovers in the near future and go from there...

Modified by PDX-benj at 11:23 PM 8-17-2006

· Registered
114 Posts
Re: My new 2007 GTI and a bit of first hand APR chip info... (PDX-benj)

Why is '07 programming different? Power change? Reliability or driveability issues? I realize mfg'rs. running-change hard- and software routinely. But am curious if reasons for change, in this case, with specs not changed, are known.
Thanks.

· Registered
1,879 Posts
Re: My new 2007 GTI and a bit of first hand APR chip info... (mortsgulf)

Quote, originally posted by mortsgulf »
Why is '07 programming different? Power change? Reliability or driveability issues? I realize mfg'rs. running-change hard- and software routinely. But am curious if reasons for change, in this case, with specs not changed, are known.
Thanks.

See this thread, http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2775369 for your answers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.