VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
7,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know I’ve arrived when you see me roll up on the set in my ultra luxury ride, a 1975 Audi Fox, complete with sunroof and optional Blaupunkt AM/FM stereo.

Anyone ever see a hooked up Audi Fox? Well you will soon enough http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Dean

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Re: My new big baller G Ride Audi (Dean F)

Hells yah!! DUDE! that thing rocks!!! I absolutely LOVE older german cars!!
Great find! can i have??
what are your plans for it??
Noah~(Kameirocco)

·
Banned
3,124 Posts
Re: My new big baller G Ride Audi (Kameirocco)

AM and FM??!?!?

youse the OG gangsta Dean...now slap some spinners on there and call it good

·
Registered
3,161 Posts

I had a blue '76 in high school! I always wanted to lower it and stuff, but never had the funds
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I think I still have the Blaupunkt. It had the volume dial on the passenger side and the tuning dial on the drivers side

Modified by Hybrid VW at 7:06 PM 7-2-2003

·
Registered
994 Posts
Re: My new big baller G Ride Audi (85VR6Jetta)

Helz yeah, Dean! You need to roll that thang up next to that bad blue bunny I saw down at ND. OLD SKOOL BABY!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Re: My new big baller G Ride Audi (hndaklr)

Wow! Looks like that thing is in excellent shape!

I can definitely see potential there.
How 'bout this...

Modified by TooLow1.8T at 6:43 AM 7-3-2003

·
Registered
934 Posts

That is SICK!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
826 Posts
Re: My new big baller G Ride Audi (G6016VGLI)

Cool!I had a yard sale the other day and in pulls a cherry original 75.I said WOW nice Audi!The guy says
"Huh..oh thanks,a guy just gave it to me.It was stowed away in his garadge eversince the original points burned out"

·
Banned
26,608 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Dean F »

Anyone ever see a hooked up Audi Fox?

Dee's dad did in the 80's
Looks like a nice find.

·
Registered
10,053 Posts

It's a good thing I live close to the shop. I'm gonna be taking some pics of the progress of this thing. Hee heeeee

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Re: My new big baller G Ride Audi (4Rings)

very nice indeed. My ex-boyfriend has one of those. I can't remember the year though. They take a lot of work and parts are so much harder to get for them, but I'm sure you won't have a problem with that.
You know, you gotta love leather bench seats.

·
Registered
15,945 Posts
Re: My new big baller G Ride Audi (dianalynnxk)

Damn nice find! Gonna leave it the stock color or paint it? I love older cars like that, so plain and simple and vintage styling cant be beat.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts

Welcome to the club of the ancient Audis!
I'm the "ex-boyfriend" that supposedly has a Fox - actually I have the 100LS 2-dr, 1970 model, also with the AM/FM Blaupunkt stereo - mine has Audi rings on the AM-FM selector switch - yours too? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
These older Audis provide a drive and a ride unparralleled by any car! Honestly, for just cruising around, I love my 100 - ultra comfortable but still very connected to the road.
The fox is much more reliable than the 100LS. Many parts are still available for it, even through the dealer. You get the ubiquitous 1.5L or 1.6L OHC 8v with solid lifters and typically CIS - some had carbs but CIS is much more common. Lucky!
Another nice feature on the Fox is the normal disc brakes! The 100LS has inboard rotors and calipers which are a pain to work on.
If you need parts, I would suggest going to the Everett and Lynnwood, WA Pull-A-Part yards. Lynnwood has an ultra-rare wagon, Everett has a 4-door sedan, both with CIS.
One thing to watch out for - the alternator and A/C (if you have it) brackets all feature rubber bushings to help deaden vibration. These rubber bushings are allergic to heat, oil, and age and tend to disintegrate. I have fabricated aluminum bushings to replace mine - you might want to do the same, since these rubber bushings fail so easily and then you can't maintain belt tension and also might start throwing belts.
And of course, this thread would not be complete without a couple pics of my baby! These are both from the NW Audi Club Bison Creek Pizza GTG which happened June 21st.

·
Banned
7,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Glad to see so many are excited about this project!
We've been looking for a two door for somewhere around six months now, we even purchaed one in Germany but the importer flaked on us (any guesses as to who it was) so we lost our money on that one.
This one just showed up, a good friend actually saw it sitting over in NW, $300 broken timing belt.
Big plans, 1.8T swap, euro bumpers (simillar to the Rabbit euros, closely resemble Richard's 100 bumpers shown above) speaking of which Richard, I've never seen a 2dr 100, thats certainly rare! We almost bought a Super 90 but kept holding out for the Fox since we feel its the actual first VAG produced watercooled car on a normal VW/Audi chassis (B1)
Don't expect to see any immediate project updates (Rob) its going to be sitting for a few months while we finish up a couple A1 projects and the Cabrio.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Dean

Modified by Dean F at 4:58 PM 7-3-2003

·
Registered
212 Posts

I only mean this in good taste...I love Audi and have owned a few, but...If you squint your eyes just right, it looks like a Datsun 210 two door with round headlights and an audi badge...Tell me I smoked a little too much of the green stuff tonight??? I want to reitterate that I'm saying this in fun, so please don't hurt me!! And Dean...I got the swap done and the new one will be in for a few tweaks before it goes in for smog...It has a stock exhaust with dual down and I think the tweaking done last week doesn't like the new parts...See ya soon!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts