1988 BMW M3
Hennarot with Black buffalo leather
189,000 miles
16" TSW Evo wheels
Two previous owners (I'm the third)

Pros:
Rare color combination
EVO airbox
Turner Motorsports Conforti chip (+24bhp, +19ft/lbs, 8000RPM redline)
Sparco Strut bar (uninstalled)
SS Brake Lines (uninstalled)
Immaculate interior for its age/mileage. I mean it.

Cons:
Non-running (but ran when last parked in January '10)
Car has sat for the better part of 6 years
Taillight leaks into trunk
Rough paint on roof (may need new paint on roof?)
Broken headlight
Missing paint on rear bumper

So here are my plans:
-Get it running
-Get it road safe (tune up, fluids, hoses, bushings, tires, brakes, suspension, any issues)
-Get it to pass emissions and start driving it
-Realign rear bumper mounting
-Add Period-correct 16" BBS wheels
-Repaint roof
-Replace body seals
-Foglights, tow hook covers, shift knob

So that's it. It won't be getting an engine swap. No major engine performance stuff, unless the motor grenades then I'll do the 2.5L upgrade. It'll probably get suspension, HIDs, a cd player (currently has a Sony tape deck) and keyless entry. Other than that it will be stock.

ib4getnewwheels. :p

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
love the e30 m3 , i want one to park next to my 16v 190e's :D , may i ask what you paid for this non running tresure of a find ?
$7500.

I think it's a reasonable price for its condition. I definitely didn't "steal" it or get it "for a song". The owner is a great guy and an enthusiast, and I think I paid fair.

It's a lot of cash for a non-runner, but if you consider the cost that "parts car" M3's go for, or cars with straight bodies but no motor, it's a good deal.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Looks good washed up!

So the roof was as bad as it looked? Cracked down to the primer?
Yeah, there's no saving that one section. But the other 95% of the paint is usable. Probably will need a mask & repaint of the roof.

Thanks again for your help!

EDIT: Pic of roof nastiness.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Aaron that cleaned up really nice! Let me know when I'm coming over to help sort stuff out, and call me about the wheels first:D I can't tell you how many times I went and drove by that drooling, you're lucky son!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aaron that cleaned up really nice! Let me know when I'm coming over to help sort stuff out, and call me about the wheels first:D I can't tell you how many times I went and drove by that drooling, you're lucky son!
Thx man. Stop by this afternoon when you get off.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.