VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

After 8 1/2 faithful years, I have sent my Honda Element out to pasture.

Introducing my 2013 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track. ( yes, that seems redundant)

Crappy nighttime dealer shot, sorry. Just really excited to have a new car.

A few years go, I wouldn't have thought I would buy an American brand for my next vehicle. But the Charger facelift got my attention. I thought it looked pretty cool.

Then I sat in one at a car show and was pretty impressed with the interior. Lots of soft touch materials and a decent looking design.

When my 1 year old graduated out of the baby bucket, I quickly realized that the Element's third doors were going to be a big pain in the ass with the rear facing car seat. So I started thinking about the next vehicle.

For a while I thought about getting another SUV. But I was tired of driving a tall vehicle and missed the handling of a car. I thought about the various sedans in my budget. The new Accord is a smart choice, but seeing one in person, it left me cold. In a word, vanilla. I liked the design of the Optima, but the recent mpg debacle made me wonder what else might be exaggerated about the car.

So I decided to drive the Charger. I immediately fell in love with the Hemi power. The suspension tuning of the Road & Track package is also surprisingly good. And I'm quite pleased with the interior quality. Even the trunk has no-crush hinges. However, I haven't measured the soul of the hose clamps. I will need to get a soulometer imported from Germany.

TL;DR: HEMI! MERICA!

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Excellent choice. Looks great. :thumbup:

And 'Murica.:beer:

·
Registered
1999 MKIII GOLF Mi, 2018 Sentra Nismo
3,766 Posts
congrats on the car enjoy it!!! :beer:

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Very cool. The reviews of that car put the handling in the same league as the E39 M5. The only issue most reviewers had was the 5 speed auto.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Always thought the facelifted ones were really cool. Love the rear. Great upgrade :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
I had one for a rental a few weeks ago. Only drawback was a funky HVAC system. Could not get any warm air to my feet regardless of settings. Hopefully mine was an abnormality or the system in the R/T is upgraded from the SE.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
:thumbup: nice pick up...i love these things

·
Registered
11,109 Posts
:thumbup::cool::D

Doing it right for a family car!! You're a cool dad!

Charger seems like Chrysler groups best overall car, really like them as well.

Very cool. The reviews of that car put the handling in the same league as the E39 M5. The only issue most reviewers had was the 5 speed auto.
They're jaded and used to new cars/gizmos 24/7... the Mercedes 5AT is a solid transmission. Tough as nails, and smooth/quick. I drove an older style 300 3.5L with one, and it woke the car up... was great. You really need another gear or two with a big V8 in that car? Really? Don't think so... enjoy your V8 + extremely well proven transmission.

1 - 20 of 221 Posts