VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so on Thursday I got a new Rabbit. Mine is the 4-door in Shadow Blue / Beige with sunroof, ESP, and the 16" alloys. I already have Plug and Play Sirius (notice the stray wires) so I'm doing a cleaner install of that today. So far I love the car - love the 2.5, love the Tiptronic! This color is absolutely gorgeous and pictures don't really do it justice. I already have 225 miles on it! I'm now looking for any excuse to drive anywhere.
I'm crazy about the font used for the speedo / tach. Anyone know what this is?
Here are some pics.

Modified by donknotts at 1:03 PM 6-17-2006

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: My New Rabbit (ShakariX)

Wow. Not sure what happened here - it looks fine on my PC but apparently no one else can see the pics. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Modified by donknotts at 9:30 AM 6-17-2006

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Re: My New Rabbit (donknotts)

I think it is a link issue...I did a "Properties" on your photo x's and then pasted the path into the browser. I get the picture from google, and when i go back to the post, that picture shows up, but none of the others....try a different post location...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re: My New Rabbit (umeng2002)

Quote, originally posted by umeng2002 »

can't wait for pics, though

So that's where the preview button is.. I've been looking for that. Thanks man. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,284 Posts

I think the image links have to have a .jpg or other picture extension.
your links end with some other stuff
anywho, nice car.
Are you going to get tints?
how does the motor feel?
where was it made? (see first VIN letter or door/ trunk sticker)

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Very nice! I'm *really* a fan of the new black carpeting. I also wish I could have a 160-mph speedometer. It's just foolish to have it read up to 180-mph. The tick marks are in 2.5-mph increments.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Re: (vw4ross)

Quote, originally posted by vw4ross »
You really need to do something to conceal those wires!

I'm figuring that's a temporary setup for him, there are lots of ways to conceal wires along the door sills. You can install the sat antenna behind the radio antenna and run the wire into the trunk and to the forward part of the cabin. I've tried this and it works great. Actually with a hatch its easier than a sedan.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: My New Rabbit (06DeepBlack)

OTD price was 20,545.00. Not a deal but a great value nonetheless.
I'm thinking about tint. I live in KS and 35% on all windows is the legal limit. I'm saving up for a nice Huber Optik tint. Other than that I don't have any mods planned. Maybe euro springs and tail lights/euro switch but not for a while - I've got car payments now!
I did a full install of the sat radio today. As someone above pointed out, it's very easy to put the antenna behind the radio antenna and run the cord down into the hatch and forward to the front. Took only about 20 minutes and it looks great. Now I need to get the enfig adapter so I can have direct line-in for the sat radio - the fm transmitter doesn't sound that hot!
The engine is so great - I love the 2.5! I tried it in the Jetta and wasn't so impressed but it really pulls the Rabbit along. The sound is awesome - I've never had a car where I actually wanted to hear the engine. This baby purrrrrs! My biggest problem is keeping the speed down - it gets to 100 before I even notice.
Does anyone know if the GTI speedo problem also exists in the Rabbit?

Modified by donknotts at 12:49 PM 6-17-2006

·
Registered
181 Posts

Quote, originally posted by donknotts »

OUCH !! Not a great deal is right.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts

Quote, originally posted by donknotts »
I'm thinking about tint. I live in KS and 35% on all windows is the legal limit. I'm saving up for a nice Huber Optik tint. Other than that I don't have any mods planned. Maybe euro springs and tail lights/euro switch but not for a while - I've got car payments now!
I did a full install of the sat radio today. As someone above pointed out, it's very easy to put the antenna behind the radio antenna and run the cord down into the hatch and forward to the front. Took only about 20 minutes and it looks great. Now I need to get the enfig adapter so I can have direct line-in for the sat radio - the fm transmitter doesn't sound that hot!
The engine is so great - I love the 2.5! I tried it in the Jetta and wasn't so impressed but it really pulls the Rabbit along. The sound is awesome - I've never had a car where I actually wanted to hear the engine. This baby purrrrrs! My biggest problem is keeping the speed down - it gets to 100 before I even notice.
Does anyone know if the GTI speedo problem also exists in the Rabbit?

Modified by donknotts at 12:49 PM 6-17-2006

The engine does sound sweet. I find myself rolling down the windows to listen to it. I'm surpised you weren't impressed with it in the Jetta. I believe it only weighs 100 and some odd lbs more.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.