VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boy lou just gave me these hot wheels off an old school audi. He's had them lieing around for a while and decided to give them to me since i had just purchased my 84 rabbit about 2 months ago. Damn, what a pal! The only thing is, the audi wheels have a 4 x 105 lug pattern i think...Does anyone know where i can get adapters/spacers for these wheels? It would be very helpful. Also, how do i go about getting these bad boys widened with a huge polished lip! I really love the stretched look!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Banned
9,194 Posts
Re: my new wheels! (aimeelover)

Quote, originally posted by aimeelover »
My boy lou just gave me these hot wheels off an old school audi. He's had them lieing around for a while and decided to give them to me since i had just purchased my 84 rabbit about 2 months ago. Damn, what a pal! The only thing is, the audi wheels have a 4 x 105 lug pattern i think...Does anyone know where i can get adapters/spacers for these wheels? It would be very helpful. Also, how do i go about getting these bad boys widened with a huge polished lip! I really love the stretched look!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Good thing you didnt pay for them. Youll have to convert your car to that bolt pattern as adapters wont get it in the right place at all. You need to get some rotors, hubs ,and maybe drums if you have them on the rear, drilled to this pattern

· Registered
10,861 Posts
Re: my new wheels! (rs4-380)

Quote, originally posted by rs4-380 »
you can't widen single piece aluminum wheels.

Calling bull sh it. You sure can as you can with steelies, but why would you....There is a set of 14" Pslots out in Dirty Jersey that have been widened, a girl was trying to sell them here about a year ago.

· Registered
6,423 Posts
i'm pretty sure that there's 4x100 > 4x108 adapters circulating out there for a reason.
what's up with people and misinformation?
is it just to be condescending and miserable?
jesus christ.
aluminum wheels can be widened. adapters are possible...and i just had special k with banana.
haters.

· Banned
9,194 Posts
Re: (Raek)

Quote, originally posted by Raek »
i'm pretty sure that there's 4x100 > 4x108 adapters circulating out there for a reason.
what's up with people and misinformation?
is it just to be condescending and miserable?
jesus christ.
aluminum wheels can be widened. adapters are possible...and i just had special k with banana.
haters.

You can do adapters for about 250. They need to be atleast 20mm thick. These wheels have about a et33 offset so youd be riding at et13 which sucks balls

Modified by deathhare at 9:01 PM 3-13-2006

· Registered
6,469 Posts
Re: (Raek)

Quote, originally posted by Raek »
...and, lets think about this..
is doing a hub conversion REALLY that bad?
or fender stretching?
these aren't neccessarily horrible things.
i'm tired.

both ideas are are smarter than widening alloys. but i'm not even going to try explaining.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.