VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been down there the weekend of 07-07-07. Spent all Saturday and most of Sunday there. Went on the track with a rental Focus 1.6 16V 100hp. Also had a chance to ride in the Ring Taxi! If ANYONE has a chance to go ... pay the money! It's well worth the cost. Some things you just have to do at least once in your life and that is one of them.
I understand why it's a mecca for us car guys/ girls.
I had a hotel in Mayen which is located about 30kms from the track itself. The road to Nurburg is well worth by itself with all the hairpin turns and all.
The rest .... I'll let the pics do the talking!
ENJOY!

Yes ... Ultima GTR

Audi RS4

One of the fastest lapping car ... this M3

This guy did quite a few laps on Saturday

One of the nicer E46s I've seen IMO

The car that we were racing while in Ring Taxi (this guy knew how to drive but couldn't leave us more than 4 car lengths behind!)

This guy wasn't leaving with a smile from the Green Hell

What ~500 Euro gets you for a day!

One of many accident victims (there was 12 accidents that I counted on Saturday alone)

One of the nicest BMW Tourings there

Race E34 .... this was FAST!!!

BMW HP2 on street tires!

Beauty!

Yes ... even this guy did a few laps!

I counted 6 GT3RS there over the weekend! All different colour combos

Nice E30 M3

Didn't see any laps out of this guy but he was from the town I stayed in.

One of quicker riders

What did I say about GT3RS's???

TOPSPEED????? No that wasn't me ...

MINT mk3! This was a beauty of a car to look at!

Like I said ... a lot of people went off or went home by plane

This guy was f***ing NUTS! He was passing bikes!

Love this colour on the mk2!

Another one???? Stop it already.

Type R Civic

Older couple going out for some quality time on the Ring together.

And if you need some schooling ... you can always do it with these guys.

I have many more pics but these just show what to expect when you go there. I highly recommend it to anyone! You will never forget the day ... I know me and my wife never will.
Hope you enjoyed it. I surely did.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (leaftye)

Quote, originally posted by leaftye »
Great pics! Did you see Sabine out there?

I was hoping but no. I was lucky to get a spot as I didn't have the tickets before I got there. I was just put on the waiting list and they just happened to have a spot. The two drivers that were driving were both guys. The guy that drove us around was a guy that had over 40 000kms on the Ring. He's a test driver for BMW and also does the Fahrer Training for them (driver training).

·
Registered
872 Posts
Re: My NURBURGRING trip (th535is)

Quote, originally posted by th535is »
What's up with this Porsche's exhaust?

I'm going to take a guess, someone correct me if I'm wrong, left tail pipe = wastegate?
INCREDIBLE post btw, love the pic of the biker scraping the knee, and, do I spy a superleggara?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Re: My NURBURGRING trip (TRIP OF A LIFETIME) .... Heavy on pics! (TopSpeed)

Quote, originally posted by TopSpeed »
Older couple going out for some quality time on the Ring together.

Weird front wheel setup there. Must be to even the balance when turning right or something.
"Honey, could you just hang your ass out to the right, we're going through the Mini-Karussell in a moment?"

·
Registered
14,364 Posts
Re: My NURBURGRING trip (TRIP OF A LIFETIME) .... Heavy on pics! (TopSpeed)

why we can't have this in america?

How much is admission to track?how much for racing?what happen if you crash on track? looks like big traffic there.

·
Registered
8,779 Posts
my god, I can't stop thinking about the ring. If I'm ever in the position, I vow to move to a small town right outside (1 bedroom, 10 car garage or so
) and die happy http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif It's looking like I may be able to visit next summer, I'm certainly keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.