VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have been having this "weird" noise on and off for a month or two now. It's a rhythmic noise that doesn't seem to coincide with anything else going on. Such as the RPMs stay steady, as well as the electric, A/C etc. It will increase in volume also, seemingly when I speed up but still stays the same tempo. I am not sure if it does it on the HWY as the road noise drowns it out.

I tried to record it but as most of us know our engines aren't super quite. It is apparent though a second or so in.

https://youtu.be/7Kso77YVW9g

Any help is most appreciated, I have been throwing money into the car lately (92k) so it's not shocking that something else is wrong. =/

·
Registered
826 Posts
That sounds like a "sucking" sound like the PCV system cycling on and off, or something similar. It doesn't sound mechanical to me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like a "sucking" sound like the PCV system cycling on and off, or something similar. It doesn't sound mechanical to me.

The noise two weeks ago went from now and then rhythmic one to a straight 100% solid one. I "think" their might've been an erratic amount of power as I went up the street, but I quickly turned around. It's been sitting ever since as I don't know what it is or how much it might cost (broke atm). The PCV valve was replaced about a year ago as a mechanic thought it was bad. Maybe the new one went out? This sucks. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts