VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Very impressive. I'm just worried about ordering this and having it not agree with my phone. I've heard a few folks say that's been the case for them, and in searching for the parts on eBay, the auctions don't list my phone as being compatible. I know eBay auctions aren't the pinnacle of accuracy, but it's still something to consider.
I have the Samsung SGH-I607, commonly known as the BlackJack. I suppose the best option would be to call Parrot directly and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (Trickah)

Quote, originally posted by Trickah »
Very good vid, I'm interested in this but like above I've heard the Samsung "Blade" doesn't work as well.

That was my last phone. As unstable as the Bluetooth is rumored to be on that phone, I'd not be surprised.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Re: (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »

That was my last phone. As unstable as the Bluetooth is rumored to be on that phone, I'd not be surprised.

I've just got to hold out till I can get my hands on an iPhone

To the OP, how hard was the install and was everything you needed come with the Parrot CK3100 + SW100C? Thanks!

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
Re: (pineappleking)

Great job!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
If thats your 3rd post let me say Welcome to the Forums!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
840 Posts
Re: (Daybis)

Very nice, thanks for the vid! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (Trickah)

The parts list from the Jetta install was pretty complete:
* #20 Torx screwdriver
* Small flathead screwdriver
* Wire cutters / strippers
* Needlenose pliers
* Parrot CK3100
* Quickconnect harness
* Add-a-circuit
* 20 gauge wire
* Butt connectors
We also used zip ties and electrical tape to secure the connectors and tapped ignition wire, and I forgot to get an additional fuse for the add-a-circuit so I stole the one from my horn for a few days. Also recommended is a wire coat hangar for fishing wires from the fuse box to the head unit.
Install took a ludicrous nine hours across two days because we took our time with the trim removal, argued a lot, and didn't realize for a few hours that the rear wiper was triggering when the phone button was pressed because the add-a-circuit needs a second fuse inserted :-] In all it was pretty easy to do, and I'm sure I could do it again in two hours tops.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Re: (SoCalComatose)

I have the Parrot CK3100 installed on my car. I love it and it works well. I only wish I could make it louder through the speakers. I have it turned up to the max on the parrot piece, but I still need more volume sometimes, especially on the highway.
Anyone know any tricks?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: (ClarkGriswold)

I mentioned this in the (8+?) page thread on this topic, but I think it's worth repeating here.
I found it -much- easier to tap the 12v line from the cig lighter in the center console (after running the add-a-circuit to the fuse box and encountering the aforementioned rear wiper issue.)
Everything works great off that lead and there's no fishing of wires, no messing w the stock fuses, and it's a simple task to remove the line tap should you want to return it to stock.
Just my .02, love this setup and multiple people have reported little/no difference in call quality vs. my handset (Sony Ericsson W900i.)
My buddy has a Blackjack, if I get a chance I'll try pairing it to the CK3000 and report back.
for the video and Howard @ Quick Connect.

Modified by Dillinja at 2:46 PM 1-19-2007

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.