VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followd this

I used a 1k resistor and a 5k pot ..it works great...but its on 100% of the time
and when i activate the WOT switch i hear a click and the resistance goes to 0 !
Why is it running backwars??

· Registered
371 Posts
Re: My power module is running backwards !! need some advice (rebel_eye)

It looks wired backwards, that's why. The resistor is always in the circuit -- and when you activate the relay, you provide a direct connection (wires 7 and 8), so the total resistance goes to 0.
What you need is a DPST relay, with five terminals. They'll be labelled 30, 85, 86, 87 and 87a. You tap 85 into the WOT switch, and wire 86 to ground. Run the wire from the harness (wire 8) to terminal 30. Run the wire from the temp sensor (wire 7) to 87a. Put the resistor or pot between 87 and ground. Here's how it works: when the WOT switch is not activated, the relay connects 30 to 87a. This wires the temp sensor straight to the ECU, as normal. When WOT is activated, the relay switches 30 to 87. This takes the temp sensor out of the circuit, and connects the ECU to ground via the resistor. The ECU sees an "engine cold" signal and enriches the mixture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.