VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My project (AKA mk2.5) update X2! Plus more

im 16 and want my car special before it hits the road
so with my ideas and a lil fabrication ....

UPDATE: Now that i am 17 and much more mature
i felt it was appropriate to give an update. All work was done by myself except the final coat on the engine bay. sorry about the crappy quality of pics!
UPDATE X2: Ok so im going to be the big 20 in about a month so I feel an update is appropriate. The pictures are from last winter because the car is covered up and im away at UofM (Im selling two ohio state vs michigan 17th row sec 18 if interested)
OLD:

NEW:

Heres a great shot of the rear shcok tower cut out! OH JOY!

Heres a shot of me working on the mires in the frame rail

This picture really sucks

Newer

Of course the entire car is painted now. All bodywork and restoration was done by me.

Notice how far in the dash is sunk. I am able to keep the mirror adj. as well as easily roll up the windows with the doors shut.

here are my new wheels I picked up for $200 bones. Came in original bbs boxes with old sticker and the bbs center cap tool.

And last but not least my newer daily that just hit 83k miles

Thats it for now. Enjoy.

Modified by tippmannballer at 8:45 PM 10-23-2007

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Re: (tippmannballer)

looks like a fun project! I hope before the end, you match the visible inteior paint to the exterior, or otherwise it is pretty ghetto. Its nice when people build there cars up from the ground. Keep up the good work!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Re: My project (mk2.slow)

Looks like an awesome project....keep the pics coming.
What are all those fat red wormy things all over your engine bay? And is that shiny metal box just a heatshield for your air filter or a water-air intercooler?

Modified by Mr Black at 8:42 PM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
21,846 Posts
Re: My project (Mr Black)

Nice work, but, uhh... Wre you using a Red Sir Marks a Lot marker to make the "2.0" red?
- dac

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol red wormy things... Thanks for the comments much appreciated. If look look closely near the bottom of the car on the side shot picture, you can see black carbon from when my gas lines caught on fire and almost blew up my barn lol.. if your gunna weld on the floor take the tank and lines out. thank god we put it out before the fire reached the tank.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (xpalendocious)

thank you, at times it seems like a never ending project. It has been fun though seeing it come together. Vr6 coupe! weeeeeeee!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts