VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ford F-150, 2021 Ford Bronco Sport, 2003 Porsche 911 C4S, 1982 VW Rabbit
7,302 Posts
Re: my project pics as of now - sleeper! 16v w/ turbo and nos (A2JET)

the wiring mess pic is pretty funny. i hope you like reading your Bentley manual...

·
Registered
26,739 Posts
Re: my project pics as of now - sleeper! 16v w/ turbo and nos (scarywoody)

To quote your friend Mr. Weaver:
$o money.
(edit: that car scares the crap outta me just lookin at it
)

[Modified by SeattleGLI, 4:02 PM 4-7-2002]

·
Registered
965 Posts
Re: my project pics as of now - sleeper! 16v w/ turbo and nos (Vwsport.com)

You have to let me know how much hp that thing is going to have. I've been cosidering a turbo so let me know if you can, thank you.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts

HA! I see you ran into the same wastegate mounting problem I did with that stupid ATP manifold. Nice fab job! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Wanna race?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: my project pics as of now - sleeper! 16v w/ turbo and nos (SeattleGLI)

no its still not running right, I have not gotten my hands on a 5kt wur w/ the boost port. I ended up buying a cool extra injector controller, it will fire upto 10 injectors, and laptop programable very cool. I am going to try to mount 4 injectors in the runners, or 2 big injectors right behind the tbody. I am hoping to get 250-260whp with the intercooler, and atleast 300whp w/ the n2o. but watch out for the new engine
major head job, aba 16v forged everything and so on. This engine here is bone stock. never been opened. I live in 626 are and work in the 818, once I get it working right I will bring it with me to work and you can check it out.
Dan

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: my project pics as of now - sleeper! 16v w/ turbo and nos (vwtoys)

I need to show some new pics of the inside, with my loyal bently I removed 99% of it, all I have is two relays now, turn signal, and the fuel pump (incase I have a fire) I removed all the lights and rewired the headligts / running lights. and now I have like 6 wires coming in from the engine compartment
nice and simple.
Dan

·
Registered
201 Posts

are you using the t-61 cuz i think that's what it is(the big one) if so what rpm are you gonna get the full boost , don't you think this is a bit extreme for the street on a 2.0 engine, i know that the nos will help you out in this area but you not gonna use nos all the time right?????

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: my project pics as of now - sleeper! 16v w/ turbo and nos (ACIDBURN)

The one in the middle puts out the most (800-900hp) and is for a rx7, right now I am using a t3 super 60. I was at a friends and that made a good shot

·
Registered
5,572 Posts

kewl as hell man, Ive been reading as much as i can about turbos. I want to make a setup soon. Thanks for the good pictures

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Re: my project pics as of now - sleeper! 16v w/ turbo and nos (Rudy-31)

818? well then im next

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.