VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
181 - 200 of 230 Posts

· Registered
20,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Man… so clean. So inspiring. I’m gonna have to sell a kid to fund the project. I mean a kidney. Err get another job. I’d love to have a 50k g60 engine and trans. My goal with my g60 is get it running properly- found intake gasket bad. test Injectors. And the reason behind keeping it stock for now is I’ve never had one, want to be like cool I have a g60.. then go from there. Lots of ideas in this thread. And amazing work. So now I guess it’s time to find a donor car, learn how to weld. And dive back into electrical. Been a while. Would love to see this in person. I’m in SW Florida. I’d buy you a beer just for this thread.
It’s taken me a long time to learn how to do some of these things. Seems like it wasn’t until the 2nd or 3rd attempt that I was really satisfied with the results. Hopefully some of what I’ve shared will help you save some time.

The G60 was a great learning platform because it’s old school VW at its finest. Just be kind to the supercharger and avoid the higher revs and smaller than 68mm pulleys.

· Registered
1990 Corrado G60
3,214 Posts
Man… so clean. So inspiring. I’m gonna have to sell a kid to fund the project. I mean a kidney. Err get another job. I’d love to have a 50k g60 engine and trans. My goal with my g60 is get it running properly- found intake gasket bad. test Injectors. And the reason behind keeping it stock for now is I’ve never had one, want to be like cool I have a g60.. then go from there. Lots of ideas in this thread. And amazing work. So now I guess it’s time to find a donor car, learn how to weld. And dive back into electrical. Been a while. Would love to see this in person. I’m in SW Florida. I’d buy you a beer just for this thread.
Even though I do enjoy driving a resto/modified Corrado, from what I am observing, the examples that are bone stock and low mileage are the ones that sell for the highest prices.

· Registered
564 Posts
Even though I do enjoy driving a resto/modified Corrado, from what I am observing, the examples that are bone stock and low mileage are the ones that sell for the highest prices.
While this is true, some would give their left nut to buy this car haha.
Not that he'd consider selling anyways.
I do have a slicktop, Euro-spec unmolested G60 available if you have a buyer interested, though.

Reactions: G60ING

· Registered
20,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
My LED driving light without corrado foglight lens:

With a VX Tuning foglight lens:
Getting closer:

My buddy is designing the new bezels and after I get them and verify the fitment and beam pattern I’ll have them machined out of aluminum, polish the faces and have them cleared.

I’m pretty excited

· Registered
20,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 · (Edited)

Curt stores these things in a manner where they aren’t protected. The powder coat was far from perfect. I then cut off the exhaust hanger so I could use my own exhaust hanger that I’ve had on there for a couple years. I’ll probably have it powder coated at some point in the future.

I bought it from RockAuto because they had the best price shipped for a little under $250.

Next will be the wiring which I’m thinking I’ll use a spare set of bulb trays to tap into for the converter.

This weekend I’m going to grab a trailer I’ll be preparing, no not a corrado, I don’t like how tall they are or how unaerodynamic they are.

This is all a slow build up for an event I want to participate in next year.

· Registered
20,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Let us know your driving impressions with the hitch installed ( not towing anything), does the hitch help stiffen the car?
Yeah, I’m curious how adding 30lb to the very back while maybe stiffing it up a little. I’m thinking it may help it rotate since it was fairly neutral.

· Registered
652 Posts
I bought the converter for cheap from UHaul. It addresses the issue with the parking lights and blinkers being the same bulb. I just added spade fittings to the wires on the harness and plugged them into the factory fittings on the back of the taillights.
A year ago, I bought the last hitch that Uhaul had for the Corrado. It showed up damaged and they could not replace it but did drop the price to $75 or so. RockAuto says there is only one left. Lucky!

· Registered
1992 Corrado 1.8T ATC motor/AWP harness, F21 turbo and Motoza tuning.
1,544 Posts
I bought the converter for cheap from UHaul. It addresses the issue with the parking lights and blinkers being the same bulb. I just added spade fittings to the wires on the harness and plugged them into the factory fittings on the back of the taillights.
A year ago, I bought the last hitch that Uhaul had for the Corrado. It showed up damaged and they could not replace it but did drop the price to $75 or so. RockAuto says there is only one left. Lucky!
I might need to jump on that!! I dig the fog lights.

181 - 200 of 230 Posts