VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
221 - 230 of 230 Posts

· Registered
19,826 Posts
Thanks Noah but I already have a gear calculator spreadsheet and chart. One thing I’ve learned is charts and then real world feel are two different things.

This is why I recommend .756 instead of .744 for Corrados. That extra little is noticeable.
Perfect! You are absolutely right on charts vs real world, gearing can make or break a cars overall setup.

· Registered
228 Posts
I remember doing this... I'm not as well equipped as you are but anyway, it sure took a while to drill those rivets off the ring! I also think that a 5th 0.75 should be a good match with your choice of R&P. It will be interesting to see how it transcribe at the wheels. Nice find the Peloquin! I didn't know they could be converted!

Attachments

· Registered
1992 Corrado 1.8T ATC motor/AWP harness, F21 turbo and Motoza tuning.
1,544 Posts
Thanks Noah but I already have a gear calculator spreadsheet and chart. One thing I’ve learned is charts and then real world feel are two different things.

This is why I recommend .756 instead of .744 for Corrados. That extra little is noticeable.
I got the .756 from you. I can't wait till I'm able to install it when I get back to the states :giggle:. My Corrado will get a lot of attention this spring and fall. I get a lot inspiration from your project. Thank you.

· Registered
20,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
I got the .756 from you. I can't wait till I'm able to install it when I get back to the states :giggle:. My Corrado will get a lot of attention this spring and fall. I get a lot inspiration from your project. Thank you.
If it’s half as fun as mine you’ll be happy as can be. Mine isn’t the fastest but boy is it FUN!!!

· Registered
Orig owner 90 g60, 02 allroad 6SP M w/ 3rd Row, 07 3X White NB Vert, 09 Escalade ESV Plat to tow em
8,339 Posts
I never knew Peloquin wasn’t the DBA. Cool to know his first name.

I scored a new 02A Peloquin a few weeks ago and had Gary Peloquin convert it to 02J for $75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
20,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 · (Edited)
I never knew Peloquin wasn’t the DBA. Cool to know his first name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I gernaded a 5th gear on an expansion joint in the rain 15 years ago. I installed a new transmission because of bearing damage. Put diff and ring gear in a box. Then five years ago sent it to Gary to have him inspect it for damage and since it was pre arp era and one of the diff bolts had broke. He installed a new set of ARPs for free and sent it back.

Peloquin is the only diff company in my eyes because of this.

· Registered
20,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
Did you know you can buy a magnetic drain/fill plug for your VW manual transmission from porsche part number #999-064-020-02

Yes same threads/pitch

I just got mine from FCP with a larger order but other places have them cheaper but more expensive shipping.

Automotive lighting Gas Nickel Auto part Metal

221 - 230 of 230 Posts