VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radio in my 2002 VW GTI won't turn on. I hit the button and it doesn't say anything on the display. I noticed the little red light next to the volume button isn't flashing either. I haven't changed anything on the car. It worked in the morning but not in the afternoon.
If the fuse for it is #42, I checked it. It appears to be intact.
Any suggestions??
Soundless in Seattle...er Rancho Cucamonga,
aka_waldo

·
Registered
160 Posts
Re: My radio won't turn on...at all. (aka_waldo)

It IS a fuse related glitch - with the car turned off, remove the clear fuse on the far right bank (I can't remember but I think it's a 25 amp fuse)- leave it out for a few seconds - half a minute should do it - and then replace it and turn the car on - you should be set.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: My radio won't turn on...at all. (swassguy)

I am indeed set. Alles gut. Thanks so much. Is this a problem I should expect to keep seeing?
aka_waldo

·
Registered
160 Posts

it will happen every now and then - I'm not sure if there's a permenant fix now or not - when I went to the dealer they told me to do exactly what I told you...
Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts

hey, vw is aware of the problem. Take it to the dealer and tell them the situation. Our dealers been replacing them and not one has come back for the same complaint. That is of course if you are still under warranty. Good luck.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Re: My radio won't turn on...at all. (GTI3371.8T)

Dealers have been replacing the fuse or radio? I just got the problem yesterday.
Just pulled it, worked for me too. Man, German electronics...

Modified by rensho at 1:45 AM 7-3-2003

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Re: My radio won't turn on...at all. (rensho)

They are suppose to replace the radio. Take it back if it happens again, don't pull the fuse....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts