VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 2k2 Jettta GLS is in the shop for a rubbing spider gear
you've got me, but that is what the guarantee is for right? Nonetheless I have been tooling around in a brand new 2k2 Nissan Maxima SE 3.5L for two days courtesy of Enterprise rent a car, my dealer uses them for loaner cars and the day I went they where all out of the economy cars
so they gave me a 2k2 3.5 Max!
I can not even begin to entail this cars athletic- ness, the drive drain is silky smooth cruising or engaged in spirited driving, the car retains composure yet doesn't really expose it's obesity while cornering or driving about the city. I have to say I have yet to drive a V6 powered salon car with as much enthusiasm, power is abundant and continues seamlessly approaching the redline. All the wile I have asked myself what would a more nimble and toss able Altima, employing the similar 3.5L feel like, I may not want to give this car back
Although Nissan quality is a bit sub par in terms of where this car is marketed i.e. Acura 3.2TL, Passat etc yet it appears they overcome this issue by stuffing small block like power under the bonnets of merely middle of the road cars, oh I almost forgot to mention, I really like the standard Xenon headlamps way to step it up a notch, who will adopt this next VW?

-Ryan

S

·
0 Posts
Re: My rented Maxima 3.5 SE (MK4ryan)

Interesting. Like you, my dealership doesn't do rental cars, so I always end up with rental car when I take mine in for service. Last time, I had a 2K1 Maxima for a week, but I didn't like it as much as you did. It handled well, and had great room and power, but the automatic transmission really let the whole package down. It's only a four-speed, and with the cars broad power band and sporting nature, I felt a five-speed with a semi-auto feature would have been much appreciated. Also, it hunted a lot for the right gear.
I can't imagine that with an extra 55-hp hooked up to the same tranny that the automatic Max would be a better driver than before.

·
Registered
34,664 Posts

Maxima is a great drive no matter which engine underneath. 3.5 just makes a great car even better. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8,076 Posts

Pretty good value I suppose. I was just out in Hawaii and rental Maximas were everywhere.
I like the fact that Nissan made HID lamps standard and the fact that they include such a fantastic powerplant. I even like the looks of the latest Maxima compared to the older models.
Do a burner for me would ya?

·
Registered
'20 Kia Telluride SX, '17 Mazda CX-5, '07 Airstream Safari SE 23'
11,058 Posts
Re: My rented Maxima 3.5 SE (lip)

Damn it, I hope Budget has a Maxima for me to upgrade to on my Sonoma/Monterey vacation after Christmas....
Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts