VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
181 - 200 of 227 Posts

· Premium Member
6,000 Posts
Nice call on the 2LT. At the end of the day our time here is precious. You’re a lot more apt to look back and wish you had gone for the car of your dreams than appreciate the bit of money you may have saved by buying the absolute depreciation avoider stripper model. I occasionally don’t do very well on a vehicle cycle and I just chalk it up to one for the universe/money in somebody else’s pocket who hopefully needs it and then I move along. You can make more money. You can’t make any more time.

· Registered
Model 3P, 981 Boxster S
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
Sorry to hijack your thread Tommie, I went with my son to pickup his corvette yesterday, 1LT with Z51 package, it's an amazing machine! I drove it for about 30 miles, can't wait to get my allocation hopefully next month!
View attachment 243238
Looks great. What was the deal like? MSRP at MM or another big dealer?

View attachment 243247
Bronze TE37s with the red would look pretty cool.

Bronze doesnt call me but white does as I'll have the white interior too

· Registered
Model 3P, 981 Boxster S
4,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Update:
I hit 3300 Status which means my ordered was scheduled for production with a target week of 1/2/23! I was hoping for a NYE delivery but its prob more like end of January. Gotta say nothing but amazing things about the dealer, MacMulkin. While the rest of the Chevy dealers in the US fleece customers with markups, empty promises, unknown wait times, and greed, MacMulkin promises MSRP (technically under), and about a 10-12 month window. And they even have a little tracker online to keep you occupied.

I'm still on the Z06 list and have dropped about 70 spots. Still have 1500 in front of me.....

I'll make a prediction today:

Because Z06 production has proved to be vastly slower and smaller than most estimated, Z06 dreamers, wait listers, and hopefuls are starting to realize they may never get called for an allocation. My dealer isnt even taking any more deposits for it. Ciocca had over 5,000 people send $2,000 last November. The demand is insane and that was before magazines starting waxing poetically this fall about it. With that, I believe people will turn back to the Stingray instead which will help prop up falling prices. I'm not saying it wont be sold for under MSRP but that if Z06 allocations were easy, Stingray prices would fall further. But thats not the case. And now we have the E-ray coming too which I'm also predicting is going to be hard to come by for a long time. What a time to be buying American.

· Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Update: It shipped from Bowling Green! Kinda kills me that they don't visualize the correct car in the email. Feels like a detail Porsche would have done before release.

I think that this point perhaps early Feb for delivery.

View attachment 251951
Looks like Chevy could produce and deliver a C8 to you faster than Ford could build and ship me an F350, i'm going on 13 months here!

Again, looking forward to pictures.

· Registered
LSA G8, TDI Rabbit, Lightning
11,385 Posts
Oh wow that feels like the process went flying by!

Looks like Chevy could produce and deliver a C8 to you faster than Ford could build and ship me an F350, i'm going on 13 months here!

Again, looking forward to pictures.
That's the kind of wait I was realistically expecting on the Lightning. Wasn't really ready for the September order to be delivered in December. :LOL:

· Registered
870 Posts
Oh wow that feels like the process went flying by!

That's the kind of wait I was realistically expecting on the Lightning. Wasn't really ready for the September order to be delivered in December. :LOL:
are you saying you ordered a lighting september '22 and got delivered dec'22???

F&%^ that! , I placed my reservation October '21 and hasn't even converted to an order yet. :(

· Registered
LSA G8, TDI Rabbit, Lightning
11,385 Posts
are you saying you ordered a lighting september '22 and got delivered dec'22???

F&%^ that! , I placed my reservation October '21 and hasn't even converted to an order yet. :(
Yeah, I reserved the first day back in May of 21, got skipped over for all of the 22MY trucks and then my dealer reached out in Sept 2022 to have me get ready to order, then got the official email/text from Ford on 9/7. Picked it up from the dealer on 12/27.

· Registered
2009 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
3,790 Posts
Congrats on your new baby!!!

Just getting in on this thread but from your previous posts, you're based out of New Hampshire, right?

Well then this is direct from the NH DMV website so some of those plate ideas are a no-no. Plenty of them are fine ideas, my personal fav so far is the JORTS one.

Font Screenshot Number Document

181 - 200 of 227 Posts