VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
She's been at the local vw dealer since last Monday. Tried to fix a leak by replacing the fuel plunger seal. Apparently the fuel distributor was on its way out so when I put everything back together and tried to adjust it #3 injector was dumping fuel into the motor. New fuel distributor on its way to the dealer and I should have my car late Tuesday-early Wednesday. Hopefully replacing the fuel distributor fixes a few other fueling issues I was having the last week or so.

Sent from my finger to yours.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Got her back Wednesday and besides a few issues I can fix pretty easy she's running great.

Made it to the Sacwater meet at Steve's Pizza. Had a great time.

Not a mile from Steve's Pizza tonight damn check engine light came on.... Argh. Made it to my mom's cousins in Eldorado hills and I'll check the code tomorrow.

Sent from my finger to yours

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Other then a slight overheating scare yesterday shes running pretty good. except for that damn rattle. I was romping on it pretty hard and it was 102 when i left butte college yesterday at 6pm. since i put the new fuel pump in the oil temps usually 210-225 when its fully warmed up. well yesterday it spiked to 238 and stayed there for a while before it started going down slowly. Before i put the fuel new fuel pump in it wasnt uncommon for it to sit at 236.

From my finger to yours.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
well she made it the 6 hour drive back to my parents. just so i can fix what my dad messed up on my parents explorer and try and fix my moms 56 chevy. had some fun on 299. she ran great. also ordered a new dustributor and intank pump. they should be at my house monday hopefully. i need to fix that distributor leak once and for all.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
well i finally figured out one of my running issues ive been chasing for months. idle switch is messed up. hooked up my vagcom to check for codes. decided to play around and look at the measuring blocks. what do you know the isv values dont change when i push the throttle... bad switch. luckily i have a friend that just converted from a 9a to an aba so he is giving me the throttle body.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Its been a while since i updated this. Done a few things since my last update but I'll post about that later after i calm down from today.

First 'accident' in 10+ years. Everythings fine. Just <5mph bumper kiss on the drivers rear corner. But still I'm a little pissed. Kid was 19, following to close(on Campus Drive at Butte College), said he wasnt on his phone(bull****) and just wasnt paying attention. Sad part is he is in my welding class. I'm going to have a nice talk with him before class Tuesday. Not about the bumper tap but about his driving afterwards. We exchanged insurance info and I'm going to look at it closer when its light out tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Ok so it's been a while since I've updated this... she's still running great and.... she had a twin.

Been trying to get a black 91 GLi for months now. Owner called me yesterday and said come get it. So I finally picked it up today.

And I already swapped the headlights and taillights. The wheels are 17" so they stay on it... unless someone has a set of 15-16" they wanna trade.

So the next step is to pull the engine and trans, rebuild the shifter box (o2a ata code trans), replace all seals, clutch and timing belt and put it in Moody. And then Moody's motor and trans goes in it.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
One person can remove a jetta headliner. Just takes patience and finesse. Now to rewrap it black and put it in my dd mk2. Still debating swapping the power recaro trophies from the project to the dd... they need a bit of work first. There's also swapping the drivetrain also. Just need to find a rebuild kit for the shifter in the car.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Finally got a headliner in my car. Removed it from the project GLi yesterday and painted and installed it today. Yes painted. It's only temporary until I get another and enough fabric to rewrap it. I may just put this one back in the project when I find another.

Now I gotta get the sunroof piece from my parents house and fix what was making it hang up.

I will say having a headliner makes a huge difference in the interior temp of the car.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
So its been a while since ive updated this... still have the car. its just gone from daily driver to project car. Have yet to do anything project wise on it and am thinking of getting it road worthy again. I picked up a 04 GLi(named Ruby) about 2 years ago and well it took most of my attention. In those two years ive kept her clean and safe. Soon im going to be actually doing what ive been planning. but not a aba 16v. Im going to buy another 1.8t motor, rebuild it and put it in my mk4. the motor in my mk4 will get rebuilt and mildly upgraded. she will be like that and take over daily driver status while i awd swap my mk4. Then moody will come back off the road and get even more upgraded and awd along with some other upgrades ill post about later.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.