VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what a gorgeous day and setting to have a car show. great cars, great show. admittedly I was a bit distracted with taking pics cuz I was talking to my friends most of the time and neglecting to take pictures. alas, I managed to take some:

-Colin

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
36,271 Posts
awesome.

·
Registered
25,332 Posts
How easy is it to replace the blocky USDM bumpers on those Celicas with some JDM parts overnight from Nipponland?

I realize there may be some value to keeping the car appearance as is from the showroom but damn, those US bumpers are ugly.

·
Registered
41,822 Posts
How easy is it to replace the blocky USDM bumpers on those Celicas with some JDM parts overnight from Nipponland?

I realize there may be some value to keeping the car appearance as is from the showroom but damn, those US bumpers are ugly.
The non-US bumpers are so rare that adding them to the car greatly increases the value. They bolt right on, if you have all the brackets and associated parts. Actually the brackets aren't even hard to fabricate if you don't. But the actual chrome bumper, especially the rear liftback bumper or the '75-'77 front bumper, is unobtainium. Toyota Japan isn't making them anymore, IIRC. Most of the ones out there in the US are sourced from Australian wrecking yards.

Toysport made fiberglass replicas at one point but I don't know if they still would. I guess a few others offer them too. But.. that's fiberglass, flexy and not chrome.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great pictures! Looks like it was a great show.

Loving this one:

Got more?
thanks man, unfortunately no more of that car :| the engine shot underneath the 2 of its butt is its motor though :thumbup:

Nice shots. :thumbup:
thanks man! was nice running into you!

Great pictures. I wish I had attended.

Oh, wait...
was nice running into you too!

Wow, I wish I was there. Put this on our facebook page–hope you don't mind!
no problem at all :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts