VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Y'all

Finally figured it was time to share my current build and hopefully share experiences that will help others.

Current Build:
  • Unitronic Stage 2 ECU and Stage 2 TCU tune
  • Arm Motorsports Catted Downpipe
  • Unitronic Turbo Inlet Elbow
  • Modified Stock intake with drop in filter
  • Dallas Wheels with 225/40 BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/S Plus's and ECS Tuning Flush kit (15mm front and 20mm rear)
  • New German Performance Type 1 coil-overs
  • Custom muffler delete and tips
  • OEM roof rails
  • Amazon paddle shifter replacements

Planned future upgrades
  • 034 dogbone upper and lower inserts
  • Neuspeed Rse11r's or Prisma wheels
  • ECS front lip
  • ECS rear spoiler
  • IE or CTS intercooler
  • 034 Camber plates
  • Custom steering wheel
  • Drilled/Slotted rotors with EBC red pads

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
219 Posts
Howdy Y'all

Finally figured it was time to share my current build and hopefully share experiences that will help others.

Current Build:
  • Unitronic Stage 2 ECU and Stage 2 TCU tune
  • Arm Motorsports Catted Downpipe
  • Unitronic Turbo Inlet Elbow
  • Modified Stock intake with drop in filter
  • Dallas Wheels with 225/40 BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/S Plus's and ECS Tuning Flush kit (15mm front and 20mm rear)
  • New German Performance Type 1 coil-overs
  • Custom muffler delete and tips
  • OEM roof rails
  • Amazon paddle shifter replacements

Planned future upgrades
  • 034 dogbone upper and lower inserts
  • Neuspeed Rse11r's or Prisma wheels
  • ECS front lip
  • ECS rear spoiler
  • IE or CTS intercooler
  • 034 Camber plates
  • Custom steering wheel
  • Drilled/Slotted rotors with EBC red pads

View attachment 137505
Stay away from the ECS rear spoiler ... hard ABS that does not exactly conform to the trunk contour ... will successfully mount but WILL NOT stay attached ... buy a spoiler from "Air Design" ... hard polyurethane that has just enough flex, so will attach perfectly ... and is a more sophisticated design.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My definition of sleeper goes a bit more to the "make them think you might fall apart at the red lights" side, but nevertheless I love your car. If its the one on the image. If not then I might take that back :D.

Fun fact: I realized I have not seen any new Jettas in my country since 2012, and thanks to this post I found out (10 years later!) that they are not sold here anymore. Which is a shame because the newest models are just my type (not that I could afford to buy a new one :ROFLMAO:).

·
Registered
2019 GLI Autobahn MT— APR-1
153 Posts
I say to make a GLI look like a sleeper we need to de-badge it de-red-stripe it , maybe get a new front bumper cover and grill from a regular model, and get humble wheels...

🤔

Nope. I can't do it. It just looks so good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I say to make a GLI look like a sleeper we need to de-badge it de-red-stripe it , maybe get a new front bumper cover and grill from a regular model, and get humble wheels...

🤔

Nope. I can't do it. It just looks so good.
Im actually going this weekend to get the ride stripe blacked out, and just finished up removing the side badges off of the car! That silly GLI badge on the trunk was off of the car within minutes of taking delivery :D

·
Registered
2021 Jetta GLI Autobahn 6speed
40 Posts
My definition of a sleeper is that you will never see it coming at a red light. Downpipe + muffler delete on a 4cyl car doesn't exactly keep it's presence hidden.

Cool build though. Let us know how it performs if you ever take it to the drag strip or run a few metrics with a dragy. I'm delving into the Stage 2 realm soon also, and am curious how much is gained over Stage 1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts