VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just put the freedom design hatch wing on. Kinda scary....it's only held on by apoxy....
I applied it well, placed it on and slammed it down. I used about 60 feet of masking tape, cause it startted to move
I guess my question is, the instruction says 30 minutes, how long should i really wait before i go testing this thing at 75+ Mph?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Re: My spoilers on!!!!! (NoItchGTI)

Quote, originally posted by NoItchGTI »
I guess my question is, the instruction says 30 minutes, how long should i really wait before i go testing this thing at 75+ Mph?

I'm assuming that if the instructions say so, that specific epoxy is designed to adhere within 30 minutes...that or else the people at freedom design are
...could be either one

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Re: My spoilers on!!!!! (SoFlaJetta)

Epoxy? Mine is straight up bolted on (had a shop do it). Damn I wish I knew you could epoxy it on, cause then it would be easier to get OFF, JK, i like the mid wing.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: My spoilers on!!!!! (vdubsteez)

BTW...it's the upper hatch wing
It seems to be holding, but that also could be due in part to the 60 feet of masking tape that I place all over my hatch. It look's like thousands of birds just flew over my house and $hit on my car.....from a distance...that is.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (wug)

Well, an hour and a half after applying it, look's great! Doesn't feel like it's going anywhere. There epoxy pushed out a little on one side, and it's still a little bit mushy. I'm just going to keep it under 55 tonight. I'm still not going anywhere for another hour.....Hope it stays there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts