VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
15,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont come on the forums much any more, but I felt like sharing..

02 Jetta 2.0. It's my daily driver and ive only had for about a year and a half. I originally wasn't going to do anything with this car other than a suspension and a few other little things. Coming from the mk2's and mk3's I was always constantly modding them..

After doing a major tuneup on the car (belts,waterpump,plugs,etc...) the stock 92hp at the wheels just wasnt doing it for me anymore,lol. So I ventured off in search of the most reliable power upgrade I do to this mk4 without throwing a CEL :rolleyes:. I knew I couldn't put an aggressive cam in without CEL. So I started looking into forced induction. Then I remembered Neuspeed made a charger for this car. I really didnt want to go turbo. I wanted something that was going to be a weekend project and simple to install. So, I did my homework and researched into the Neuspeed charger. Heard alot great things about it, some were bad, but mostly good. Also there suppose to be one the most reliable chargers out for the 2.0's. I knew before I got started that this kit wasnt going to produce massive amounts of power. I just wanted something to make my daily commute a little more interesting and exciting!

So, my mind was made up! Found a killer deal on a mk4 SC kit on the classifieds and got to work on piecing my setup together....

The build list:
- Neuspeed SC kit with 2.6" pulley.
- Autotech 260 Cam + new lifters.
- Autotech CAI.
- Gruvenparts lightweight crank,power steering, and alternator pullies.
- VR6 clutch kit and eurospec lightweight flywheel.
- ANSA Sliverline 2.25 catback exhaust.
- NewSouth steering column mounted boost gauge.

Just sent the ECU to Neuspeed to get flashed yesterday (1/8) so I am hoping to get it back this week.

The daily

ENJOY!! :thumbup::beer::peace:

·
Registered
15,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took it for a quik ride (5 miles) but it just snowed here so getting traction was an issue. Did notice a nice jump in power though (7-8lbs of boost) :) . Didnt want to drive it too much since the ECU still needs to get flashed. I dont need it running to lean on me. I did throw a MAF and a few misfire codes but those prolly came on due the ECU not being flashed yet. But, the ECU is on its way to Neupseed for the tune.

·
Registered
7,422 Posts
nice finger carnage!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice work :thumbup: I am still stongly thinking about doing this but funding is low haha! But I see that one of the pipes on your stock mani is polished? Did you just get some metal poish for that ot did you sand it smooth first? Sorry not trying to jack you threat I just noticed that!

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
I the ECU is on its way to Neupseed for the tune.
Ewwwww

Should have done a little more research and went with the C2 440cc software, way more room to grow (if that is even possible with a NS charger)

Also Autotech 270* would have been a better application for this, or the split duration Techtonics cam (forget the durations) but they both require HD spring upgrades.

Either way have fun with it!

:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Also Autotech 270* would have been a better application for this, or the split duration Techtonics cam (forget the durations) but they both require HD spring upgrades.
beleive you are thinking of the 260/268 cam

good work on the charge. i would be interested in some dyno numbers :beer::thumbup::beer:

·
Registered
15,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Nice work :thumbup: I am still stongly thinking about doing this but funding is low haha! But I see that one of the pipes on your stock mani is polished? Did you just get some metal poish for that ot did you sand it smooth first? Sorry not trying to jack you threat I just noticed that!
I was just playing around one day at work,lol. I did sand it smooth and then polished it.

Ewwwww

Should have done a little more research and went with the C2 440cc software, way more room to grow (if that is even possible with a NS charger)

I wanted the install to be as smooth and simple as possible. Also, like I stated in the OP when I set off on this journey I wasnt out for huge power gains. Just something to make my commute more enjoyable..
Wierd cause I called C2 and they told me they had nothing for the 2.0 mk4's?:confused:

beleive you are thinking of the 260/268 cam

good work on the charge. i would be interested in some dyno numbers :beer::thumbup::beer:
Thanks! Soon I will post some dyno numbers. Gotta get the ECU back and work out any bugs if there are any (fingers crossed!).

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Ewwwww

This is exactly what I came here to post. Good luck and have fun. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
i know a round about what numbers to expect, but i am curious if this will come close to hanging with a stock 12v VR. im sure its not comparable to a stock 1.8T but if you ever have a chance to find out shoot me a PM im curious haha

·
Registered
15,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
From what I researched it has no problem hangin with 12v VRs or stock 1.8ts. With my current setup im hoping to get just over 140 to the wheels. Neuspeed says this charger on a stock engine with a stock pulley (2.8") is 135 to the wheels at 5lbs. Well, my setup isnt exactly stock and with a 2.6" pulley, I was peaking at 8lbs before the reflash.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts