VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe there are some people there that prefer to have the stock lights but I'm one of the others that prefer the "LED, cool-white" look and while there are many options to do it, some cheaper or more expensive then others, there is also a few that sell complete kits where you just buy the kit, receive it, install, and be done knowing it will work.

With that said, there are also kits that are simply better than others, and I believe I found one that is just right, at least for me.

Enough with the intro, onto the real details.
I previously had the Bold-Sport full interior kit and while it was nice, I started having problems with it since the very stat. Some bulbs I had trouble getting to "turn on", after a while, bulbs started to dim while "on" and recently even had single LED's start blinking and go out, go back on, and blah blah blah. I double and triple checked my connections and it was all good on the car side.

I figured I'll try the other kit that i know of, which is by deAutoKey (Thread here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...LL-INTERIOR-LED-SET-LED-LICENSE-PLATE-HOUSING ) Well advertised and I've seen their post a few places. I ordered the kit, and received it very shortly after, but that could also be the short distance.

I waited till it gets dark so I can compare the two. Let me just say, comparing LED's to LED's can get tough in certain places, such as glovebox since its such a small space. Installation is rather easy, a 90 degree pick helped me pull some of the housings off, but then again I did this before ^_^

After the install, I must say, I was impressed :thumbup: , the deAutoKey kit is definitely brighter than the bold-sport kit, I only had it installed for about a day, but I don't foresee issues as they dimmed, turned on and off without any issue at start. For example, the footwells before, were what I thought was bright, but once I put the deAutoKey LED in, they're noticeably brighter, they do have more LED's and while they are not much bigger then the bold-sport kit, they make better use of the space. :thumbup::thumbup:

I'm quite happy with it, and I can safely say, I DO recommend this kit to others and if I had to pick between the two, I would choose deAutoKey. If you guys have questions, ask, i'll answer if i can ^_^

My apologies for the ****ty pics, and the dirty car. Didn't have time lately to give it a good cleaning and as for the pics, I just snapped them without checking the settings I used last -_-

competitor

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good. I think I will do blue lights for the foot well area.
Do they sell other colors.
Dont want to see the dirt so profoundly.
You have a choice of white, red or blue for footwell

·
Registered
311 Posts
I also installed these the other night and they came out great. The only problem I have is that they include zero instructions and I had to rely on shady diy's and a lot of frustration on a few spots. Overall its worth the $57, hopefully these last for years to come.:beer:

·
Vendor
23,078 Posts
Looks good. I think I will do blue lights for the foot well area.
Do they sell other colors.
Dont want to see the dirt so profoundly.
We will have a lot of colors available soon:

Green
Pink
Purple
Orange

and we have Red/blue and white in stock right now.

Coderedpl: Thanks for the amazing review, the LED look great!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
It sounds like there isn't much savings by going this way, but I bought mine through LEDwholesalers.com. The only issue here is knowing what bulbs you need to buy. I chose the 6 LED bulbs when I could over the 3 LED. Your pics remind me of my install, but obviously pics aren't a good tool to compare.

·
Vendor
23,078 Posts
It sounds like there isn't much savings by going this way, but I bought mine through LEDwholesalers.com. The only issue here is knowing what bulbs you need to buy. I chose the 6 LED bulbs when I could over the 3 LED. Your pics remind me of my install, but obviously pics aren't a good tool to compare.
The quality in the LED is what we look at, we did the research.

Our LED footwells do not spot and evenly distribute light instead of other LED that have light spots and only cover half of the footwell.

Your LED is something people will see right away, and we know how picky the VW and many car owners are about what they put in their car.

Thank you

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also installed these the other night and they came out great. The only problem I have is that they include zero instructions and I had to rely on shady diy's and a lot of frustration on a few spots. Overall its worth the $57, hopefully these last for years to come.:beer:
A lot of stuff you can probably figure out by looking at it. Most of the light housings have little cutouts on the side to pull down on.
We will have a lot of colors available soon:

Green
Pink
Purple
Orange

and we have Red/blue and white in stock right now.

Coderedpl: Thanks for the amazing review, the LED look great!
Thanks for the comparison. :thumbup:
You're welcome.
The quality in the LED is what we look at, we did the research.

Our LED footwells do not spot and evenly distribute light instead of other LED that have light spots and only cover half of the footwell.

Your LED is something people will see right away, and we know how picky the VW and many car owners are about what they put in their car.

Thank you
Won't deny that, at night it's definitely noticeable at first glance when opening the doors

Thanks for the review, looks like I bought the right ones. I hope to get them in this weekend :thumbup:
You sure did.

I want to place an order.
Do it now!

Placed an order, just want to make sure this is the right product for the Golf R before it is shipped to 32258.

http://www.deautokey.com/product/14...kit-error-free-fits-09-up-volkswagen-golf-mk6

Guess they went up in price. After the $3 off coupon, I am down to $61.99.
Yep, that's the kit I got for my car.

·
Vendor
23,078 Posts

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
I have deautokey LED's and I love them. I have the blue footwells, I love blue, and I think it ads a nice sporty look to it at night. it also matches the color of the car, and VW racings color is blue so I think it all just made sense. they have impeccable customer service, they ship unbelievably fast I got mine in like 1 or 2 days. they dim nicely, no weird error codes. and the pictures don't even do it justice they are bright as hell.. when you unlock your doors it looks like daytime in your car even with tinted windows.... infact most days even during the middle of the day with the sun out you can see the footwell LEDS and the dome LEDS light being put down still... makes the night time daytime in your car :thumbup:

·
Registered
117 Posts

·
Vendor
23,078 Posts
The review is great, the LED... I don't know, I see footwell spotting and not much light, and the trunk is spotty too. Not good in my opinion.

We developed these LED with all of those issues we seen in mind, we tested many different angles and lumens to get the perfect set, there is a lot more that went into our LED set than just buying already made LED. all are made to our specs.

Thanks for the review and trusting our company

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.