VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I owned a 2011 Jetta TDI with Nav and traded it for 2012 Passat TDI SE. The Jetta is a better driver. Felt sporty like a golf and was fun to drive . The Jetta was built with crappy interior parts and I was a bit disappointed with the quality of MK6 Jetta. The MK5 was a better car but not as roomy or good looking. The Passat on the other hand is big car. It does not drive sport like the Jetta but the quality feels a lot better. The auto climate and MFI are some simple things that VW should have in the Jetta. Also The range and gas mileage of the TDI is fantastic. I am getting 45mpg avg on my commute. The Jetta was the same. The rear seats are very roomy and I can't think of another car on the planet that gets 45mpg avg with this much room. The base Passat TDI was about the same price as the Jetta TDI with NAV.I think I paid $25500 for jetta when new and $25750 for Base Passat TDI SE. Bottom line The Passat is a fantastic car but don't expect it to drive like a Golf . Its just to big of a car to feel like that. The SEL is nicer but expect to pay 5 to 6k more then base. If you need to save money the Base TDI is great . I like the 6 speed as well The DSG was a bit funky when driving slow speeds

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I wish they'd offer a SEL with a 6spd manual. :(

·
Registered
378 Posts
Great info! I am seriously debating between GLI and Passat V6 SEL at the moment. My wife insists on Passat since its bigger (for two small kids) and feels that it fits our age better (in 30's) LOL. I personally prefer sportiness of GLI and if 2013 brings HID/LED, I might just go with GLI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.