VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So at work the past two days (audi dealership on highly traffic'd North Scottsdale Rd in Scottsdale, AZ) i saw a Porsche 918 Prototype surrounded by a bunch of other Porsche's and some dodge caravan's.
My curiosity got to me today after seeing two new 991 Turbo's turn in to the Fairmont Princess resort across the street from my dealership, i drove around, didnt see anything, then asked the valet at the front entrace where the Porsche's were and he told me.

and after about 40 minutes of just being able to look and take pictures these are my results. Me and 2 friends of mine did talk to one of the German guys working with the cars (He has a new Scirocco in Germany and was very nice and didnt mind us looking and photographing the cars).

Here is the link to the full gallery
http://s696.photobucket.com/user/VR6NRG/library/Porsche Spy Day

And the pics
This is the black and red #25 918 i saw driving the last two days. They are here in AZ doing hot weather and altitude testing of the cars. They were making daily trips to Northern AZ where places are 5,000+ feet

this one i didnt see driving but looks more production-ready in it's pearl white and concept style wheels. I love the bright green calipers and the piping on the seats matched the color of the calipers to a T.

and here were some of the other cars. 991 Turbo and TurboS, a Cayman (possibly an R because of ceramic brakes), a 991 Targa, and two mystery cars under the covers that when we asked the guy he truthfully said "i'm not sure, we aren't working in that group" in a very believeable German accent

And a Jaguar F-type S for comparison sake i guess

there were a few e-hybrid Porsche Panamera's that i didnt know existed or were in the works. Look to be plug-in hybrids like the similar to the 918.

· Registered
14,112 Posts
I think its sad 918 pre-orders have been lagging in the wake of LaFerrari and McLaren P1 orders. The Porsche is my favorite.

· Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
32,233 Posts
I think its sad 918 pre-orders have been lagging in the wake of LaFerrari and McLaren P1 orders. The Porsche is my favorite.
I bet that partly has to do with the fact that they're making more than twice as many 918s as McLaren and Ferrari are making P1s and LaFerraris

· Registered
13,976 Posts
Great finds! I don't think the 991 turbo cab has been photographed before, so well done. I think you could have sold some of those pictures.

Interesting they have an f type v6 parked next to the Cayman. Also, those are different tails on the cayman. Really hope that cayman is something more special than what they offer now. :thumbup:

· Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
32,233 Posts
Interesting they have an f type v6 parked next to the Cayman. Also, those are different tails on the cayman. Really hope that cayman is something more special than what they offer now. :thumbup:
I bet the tails on the Cayman are an optional extra, like the clear tails on the 911 and the darkened tails on the Panamera and Cayenne

· Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great finds! I don't think the 991 turbo cab has been photographed before, so well done. I think you could have sold some of those pictures.

The Jaguar is the V8 supercharged designated by the S on the trunk's right side.

and the Cayman also had the dual level headlight i think i put a close up of + Ceramic brakes.

i sent the pics to Jalopnik this morning so we'll see if that goes anywhere. and i know nothing about selling photo's and would rather just share them.

· Registered
13,976 Posts
The Jaguar is the V8 supercharged designated by the S on the trunk's right side.

and the Cayman also had the dual level headlight i think i put a close up of + Ceramic brakes.

i sent the pics to Jalopnik this morning so we'll see if that goes anywhere. and i know nothing about selling photo's and would rather just share them.
Jag is the v6. All v6's have dual center exhaust, all v8's have quad side exhaust.

· Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my bad on the Jag, we literally have a Jag dealer 80 feet away and we just took in a V8 F-type with 113 miles on it and i even rode in a V6. i guess i just got excited and wasn't thinking.

im starting to think about the two covered cars more and the rumored 928 revival. but not sure. the front LED turn signal didnt look the same as any of the other cars there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.