VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
32,263 Posts
im starting to think about the two covered cars more and the rumored 928 revival. but not sure. the front LED turn signal didnt look the same as any of the other cars there.
The two covered cars are 911s. Since they're covered, I wonder if they are GTS models, seeing as that's the only 991 variant we haven't seen spy shots of yet.

· Registered
14,211 Posts
I wonder if that Jag was even with the Porsche group. It has NJ plates, which makes me think that it came from JLR's American headquarters (given this picture was taken in AZ).

· Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Were they charging the 918 with extension cords? :D
they were charging both the 918's and the two Panamera's with extension cords that were plugged into a special converter that then plugged into the car.

and these two were in fact production spec cars and not prototypes.

· Registered
4,372 Posts
The 918 is really, really growing on me.
I dunno, the 918 is a marvel of technology to be sure, but the Carrera GT it is not. I just haven't warmed up to it's looks.
Porsche really is knocking it out of the park lately, so maybe I'll come around.
I would put a Boxster S and a Panamera Turbo in my garage in a heartbeat if I had the means.

· Registered
23,986 Posts
The Jaguar is the V8 supercharged designated by the S on the trunk's right side.

and the Cayman also had the dual level headlight i think i put a close up of + Ceramic brakes.

i sent the pics to Jalopnik this morning so we'll see if that goes anywhere. and i know nothing about selling photo's and would rather just share them.
You should pull them down or at least watermark them and send them to Brenda Priddy. If it's never-before-seen stuff, you could easily be looking at 4 figures. Forum exposure drastically decreases that.

Sent from a rotary-dial phone using Edna the Small Town Operator

· Registered
4,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
its so fast it doesnt touch the roof.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.