VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In 2008 I bought a spotless 2003 Jetta 1.8T which I started to mod

I loved my 2003 which was the first car I purchased myself. Unfortunately, on April 1st 2011 I got in an accident. Which caused this:

Read more here if your interested:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...riend-you-ve-been-good-to-me!-My-RIP-Thread-(

I purchased my father's Passat off of him and begun to modify it. All the while looking for a replacement for my beloved Jetta. I really wanted an E46 M3 or B7 A4 S-line, however that didn't happen I made the mature decision and left the money in the bank for a house fund. I continued to drive the Passat, when I came across a 2002 1.8T identical to mine at my mother's work. I inquired about it and it belonged to her co-worker. A 25ish year old smoking hot chick, who I was surprised drove stick. I told her if she ever wanted to sell it, to let me know. Sure enough in June of 2012 she offered it to me for an offer I could not refuse. (Yes I went Godfather on everyone) I paid basically a third of what I got from insurance on mine. I still had all the parts from my old one so I went to work. Promising it would be everything I wanted in the last one but never got around to doing.

First day I had it:

Bought some front spacers

Did some more work bought a Eurostrip, Beetle headrests, and a Dubstop Sharkfin Antenna

Purchased some side skirts, chipped the car with APR and got a forge 007 DV

My small stereo set up, mono amp hidden in side compartment, four channel on top of spare tire.

The items you can't see until I get better pictures are: Audi TT Pedals, New South Boost Gauge, APR TIP, APR Downpipe, Forge DV and Evolution Motorsports skidplate

Just today I ordered OEM GLI lips, 2.0T Coilpacks and associated conversion parts along with conduit.

Plans for the summer are TBE, front mount intercooler, Euro trunk, retrofit headlights and Koni coilovers
Stay Tuned!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
did u **** the PO?

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My OEM GLI valances showed up today!

They will be sent off to paint with my skirts. Unfortunately the after market skirts I bought are too short and I have to send them 400kms away or drive to the shop and get new ones:banghead:

Note: For anyone doing the 2.0T coil pack upgrade who wants the trick conduit the proper part number is 06J 971 824 B. I have done some reading on the subject and seen first hand that the 06F 971 824 C conduit is incorrect, because it attaches the wires at an angle instead of straight on.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Repainting the amp mount and the back of the amplifier. Unfortunately I can't spray paint worth **** and I'm too much of a perfectionist to not care so I've repainted them like 5 times and still not happy with the back of the amp:screwy:

Finally got my proper plugs in

I plan on doing some DIYs with some projects I have planned

·
Registered
176 Posts
In 2008 I bought a spotless 2003 Jetta 1.8T which I started to mod

I loved my 2003 which was the first car I purchased myself. Unfortunately, on April 1st 2011 I got in an accident. Which caused this:

Read more here if your interested:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...riend-you-ve-been-good-to-me!-My-RIP-Thread-(

I purchased my father's Passat off of him and begun to modify it. All the while looking for a replacement for my beloved Jetta. I really wanted an E46 M3 or B7 A4 S-line, however that didn't happen I made the mature decision and left the money in the bank for a house fund. I continued to drive the Passat, when I came across a 2002 1.8T identical to mine at my mother's work. I inquired about it and it belonged to her co-worker. A 25ish year old smoking hot chick, who I was surprised drove stick. I told her if she ever wanted to sell it, to let me know. Sure enough in June of 2012 she offered it to me for an offer I could not refuse. (Yes I went Godfather on everyone) I paid basically a third of what I got from insurance on mine. I still had all the parts from my old one so I went to work. Promising it would be everything I wanted in the last one but never got around to doing.

First day I had it:

Bought some front spacers

Did some more work bought a Eurostrip, Beetle headrests, and a Dubstop Sharkfin Antenna

Purchased some side skirts, chipped the car with APR and got a forge 007 DV

My small stereo set up, mono amp hidden in side compartment, four channel on top of spare tire.

The items you can't see until I get better pictures are: Audi TT Pedals, New South Boost Gauge, APR TIP, APR Downpipe, Forge DV and Evolution Motorsports skidplate

Just today I ordered OEM GLI lips, 2.0T Coilpacks and associated conversion parts along with conduit.

Plans for the summer are TBE, front mount intercooler, Euro trunk, retrofit headlights and Koni coilovers
Stay Tuned!
I have a 1.8t gti the 2.0t coilpack is from the mk5 n up right? How does it help??

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Off to a great start! :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
967 Posts
Man that sucks about your previous car. I would be absolutely devastated if my car got totaled, after all I've been through with it, and I haven't even started to pour money into it.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Man that sucks about your previous car. I would be absolutely devastated if my car got totaled, after all I've been through with it, and I haven't even started to pour money into it.
It only had like 80 000km on it, it was spotless with no rust and the paint was immaculate. My new one needs a really good buff and polish in the summer. There are swirl marks everywhere and a little bit of rust in the front driver rocker and fender which will be painted when my GLI kit does

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Did you ask the PO if she wanted to drive your stick?

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Done, I also took off the plastic around the wires that run to the fuel injectors and ran the wires under the rail

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Just a tip for a build thread. We don't need pictures and a description of every little thing you do. Half that could of been sumed up in 1 paragraph and 3 pictures. But good work looks like you're going in the right direction.:thumbup:

Oh yea javifunksgti, you're a noob for quoting ops post. Thanks for making us scroll a **** load.:banghead:

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Made some Audi inspired LED lit door pulls. I am just not sure which wires to tap into. I want to run it off the power that lights the mirror adjustment (drivers) and window roll up (passenger doors). If someone could let me know what colour wires to tap that would be much appreciated? Ground and power please. I will be doing a DIY with some better pics once I find out.

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Updates!

I installed my custom made door pulls and my Pioneer x5500bhs deck. I am still trying to figure out how to wire the rear ones they dim the opposite way.

Got a catch can. I will be making a hardline for the brake booster off the intake. Thanks to Ant. for the idea.

Package came from Germany, unfortunately a little damaged. :( It will be fixed and painted uniblack.

Also ordered this, now someone find me a Seidl grill

1 - 20 of 137 Posts