VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over the last week or so i have noticed my turbo is getting louder and louder. It sounds really cool any everything but im guessing it must be a leak somewere. I know my turbo inlet pipe leaks right were it connects to the turbo, could this cause the loud whistling sound. or should i be more looking for a boost leak in the charge system somewere.
also, could a dirty air filter do this? its a ABD Q flow. my vacuum is at like 17 so i knwo i have a vacuum leak somewere but it is not really effecting my boosting.

·
Banned
4,521 Posts
Re: (SAVwKO)

Quote, originally posted by SAVwKO »
Yes a DP and Samco TIH will both let you hear the turbo more. But if you start hearing it louder and louder without modding it, then yes, turbo is going bad.

he clearly state he has a boost leak. replace the hose, and your car should be back to normal.

·
Banned
13,567 Posts
Re: my turbo screams extra loud now (Cass944)

Quote, originally posted by Cass944 »
over the last week or so i have noticed my turbo is getting louder and louder. It sounds really cool any everything but im guessing it must be a leak somewere. I know my turbo inlet pipe leaks right were it connects to the turbo, could this cause the loud whistling sound. or should i be more looking for a boost leak in the charge system somewere.
also, could a dirty air filter do this? its a ABD Q flow. my vacuum is at like 17 so i knwo i have a vacuum leak somewere but it is not really effecting my boosting.

1. A leak at the TIH isn't going to be classified as a boost leak. If you're saying the clamp slid off of the actual lip of the turbo, then it could make the spooling sound louder.
2. A vac leak isn't the same as a boost leak is it? I blew my boost elbow hose off my charge pipe and had 0psi, but vac readings were fine.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You will probally find the bolts used when reattacting the downpipe where the original bolts and not new ones... the have a tendancy to stretch when loosened and retightened.. check the you turbo had not come loose ..

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Re: (greggpb)

Quote, originally posted by greggpb »
You will probally find the bolts used when reattacting the downpipe where the original bolts and not new ones... the have a tendancy to stretch when loosened and retightened.. check the you turbo had not come loose ..

That is a common problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.