VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, while cruising my 2.7 had a freakish end last November as a wrist pin cracked and one of the RPM Rods let go of a piston and blew a hole out on both sides of the block. And working on Camp Pendleton, and my home being in Antelope Valley and never being home meant the car was going to sit on ice for some time due to work constraints due to distance. Anyways Every now and then I traveled home for a couple days and was able to slowly turn wrenches and accumulate the necessary parts. Anyways I'm just finishing my transition out of the Corps and being home for good starting September [cool]

I've mainly been posting on Facebook & Instagram, so I'll just post all the content I have so far and update in the coming weeks as I begin to pick up speed on my progression. I've sorted the bottom end, and currently looking at the Cylinder head and the options for Valves & cams along with the other long list of things I'll need to get sorted. [:D]

Anyways, here you guys go.

All VR6 Swap Parts from Issam @ INA Engineering

2000 Audi S4.

Specs.

Engine:

24v BDF VR6
DM Forged Rods
81.5mm Mahle Pistons
Calico Coated Main & Rod bearings
All ARP Hardware
VR5 Starter by: Issam @INA Engineering
VR5 Adapter Plate by: Issam @INA Engineering
Custom Oil Pan by: Issam @INA Engineering
Touareg Passenger Side Coolant Pipe
VR5 Driver Side Engine Bracket by: Issam @INA Engineering
Custom Passenger Side Engine Bracket by: Issam @INA Engineering
Custom Spliced & programmed OEM B5 S4/VR6 Engine harness powered by VR6 ECU by: Bische Performance
034 Motorsport Billet Engine Mounts

Trans:

TDI 01E 6spd by: Issam @INA Engineering
034 Motorsport Billet Motorsport mounts

Turbo:

Garret GT4294
Custom Turbo exhaust manifold addition by Tim @ BeastCar Productions

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And heres the most recent content, Rods and other goodies came in. Along with my new 1.01AR housing for my Turbo. Downsized from 1.28AR to 1.01 for better spool.

·
Registered
12,064 Posts
Is this car not registered in Cali, cause I'm wondering how you are going to get something like this past the smog police... Looks like a viable alternative to the 2.7t. Def will have room to actually see around the motor..

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this car not registered in Cali, cause I'm wondering how you are going to get something like this past the smog police... Looks like a viable alternative to the 2.7t. Def will have room to actually see around the motor..
It is not, however. Utilizing the OEM harness, and basically have the motor operating electronically flawless as if a 2.7t is installed in its place should yield positive results with smog. The VR6 will be running in the car as if it came like that from the manufacturer. Dash, all functions preserved.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update.

Waiting on the new Crank shaft oilers to come in from the dealer and the bottom end will be off to the machinist. [:D]

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok guys, todays update. Took the Bottom end to the Machinist. Boring, Decking, hot tank and gaping piston rings. [cool]

All the Big HP American Muscle guys use Adams here locally whop compete at Willow Springs, and their very familiar with VRs.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Boxed up the Snail, and exhaust bits to send over to Beast Car Productions for some prep & Fabrication [:D]

Waiting on the short block to be finished so I can pick it up from the machinist so I can assemble the bottom end, hopefully they call me in the next day or so.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No major updates yet as I'm waiting for the bottom end to be finished at the Machinist. But picked these up and don't know why I never did earlier, so much easier to move the car around.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tim Aka DrBeast Car @ BeastCarProductions just sent over a teaser pic of the materials that arrived for the Manifold. :D:D:D

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Large number of PM's asking whats the pipe for and where does it go.. Well my block is at the Machinist so here's a picture I've found on google to give those interested in the swap an idea.

·
Registered
9,195 Posts
Is that for a VR5/Passat or a VR6/Phaeton? The coolant pipe that is.

·
Registered
7,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is that for a VR5/Passat or a VR6/Phaeton? The coolant pipe that is.
Coolant pipe is from a Cayenne/Touareg.

And just picked up the bottom end from the Machinist. Bored, decked, and hot tanked. Assembling this weekend. :)

1 - 20 of 168 Posts