VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the car off the road last december and hope to have it all back together this december.Went through 5 blocks to find a good one to rebuild which is what has taken me so long and the 3 month wait while the machine shop did my head and block enjoy.
the ride.

the donar.

the goodies.

The cleaning and painting going all stealth black after cleaning and sandblasting everything so the primer and paint would stick.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Re: (nater)

i love the way everything looks when its black...only thing id be worried about is seeing leaks
looks like your doing an awesome job...look forward to seeing it done http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
15,978 Posts
Re: my vr6 turbo buildup (cant get a password)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Nice work...

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: my vr6 turbo buildup (JBLAZEPRODUCTIONS)

Thanks guys it has been apart for over a year now.Started out with a neuspeed charger 2.2. pulley cam meth injection built 2y tranny etc.Sold it all to fund the vrt swap.It is a dizzy motor so I am running c2 custom 42lb. chip Kinetics stg 3 basically for a dizzy motor with 8.5 cr spacer.Full 3" 409 stainless cat back with a ceramic cat.tranny is the stock passat donar right now so wheel spin will have to be kept in check till I can build a tranny.I also have zeitronixs datalogger zt-2 and an apexi afc if I have to use it to fine tune the setup.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Re: (nater)

Quote, originally posted by nater »
Shiny!

Nice Cabrio!

Specs on the motor/trans/turbo????

you sure you don't want to lock this up?

·
Registered
6,884 Posts

Quote, originally posted by cant get a password »
Thanks guys it has been apart for over a year now.Started out with a neuspeed charger 2.2. pulley cam meth injection built 2y tranny etc.Sold it all to fund the vrt swap.It is a dizzy motor so I am running c2 custom 42lb. chip Kinetics stg 3 basically for a dizzy motor with 8.5 cr spacer.Full 3" 409 stainless cat back with a ceramic cat.tranny is the stock passat donar right now so wheel spin will have to be kept in check till I can build a tranny.I also have zeitronixs datalogger zt-2 and an apexi afc if I have to use it to fine tune the setup.

i didnt know that c2 made an obd1 42lb setup, but i guess they do for dizzy and not coil pack.
i got the 42lb setup in my car and it heaven

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: my vr6 turbo buildup (PAULITO)

The maf for dizzy car does not unbolt like obd1 or obd2 coilpack cars so you have to make your own 4" maf housing by taking apart the dizzy maf and epoxying it into a piece of 4" pipe centering it the best you can.it also has to be longer than the maf housing you use for the coilpack car.I have not made mine yet as I want to make it as long as I can for good laminal air flow across the maf.Guys have tried to make them short but they do not read accurate.The bottom end is all stock except all apr hardware throught.

·
Registered
766 Posts

Everybody talk nice to the mods so they won't move this...its close enough to stay IMO, and fun to look at.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Re: my vr6 turbo buildup (Just.Chill)

lookin good, all that time and effort will pay off, hope to see this this summer at the shows http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
4,499 Posts
Re: my vr6 turbo buildup (airborne187)

looks good....When I pull my motor next winter to build the bottom end I am going full gold plated....( no bull**** )...i'm talking block, head, SRI, Intercooler, Piping....And black hoses for the cooling system.....Cant wait..And I am patenting this so no one do it.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts