VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well vortexers... its done... after 2 MONTHS!!!!!!!! i am picking my 01 VR6 GTI up from NGP... let me just say.. DAVE at NGP is the man... we ran into almost every problem with my car that was possible.. problem after problem.. but Dave was the man.. anyway, im picking it up from him tomorrow morning(Sunday).. and afterwards.. i will give complete details, with my whole story, dyno, everything posiible...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: MY VR6T is finally complete!!!!!!!! (2KGTI-t)

well, ill give you a quick rundown.... right now it is at 5 lbs of boost which is 220 at the wheels..... we originally had it at 8lbs and 248 at the wheels with 186 ft lbs of torque .. which is around 300hp at the crank..... but it dipped to much, so they had to turn it down...... they say, all i really have to do is add a boost control, and it should probably take care of the dip but we shall see.. im gonna play with it for a while, and when im ready.... im gonna give it back to them to get it back up to those high numbers

BTW, i am spending like $9k all together... i added a ATP turbo, guages, intercooler, caractere bumper, kamei grill and lids.... and etc......

·
Registered
180 Posts
Re: MY VR6T is finally complete!!!!!!!! (GVTWI)

I am pretty sure I heard this thing running in the shop on thursday when I was there, and all I can say is WOW...this thing sounded freaking awesome...and everyone was gathered around, so I am sure it was laying down so awesome figures...congrats man....mabye I can strap one of those on my 24V VR6...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Re: MY VR6T is finally complete!!!!!!!! (davidanders)

Good to hear another VR6T conversion for MkIV.
I already have more than 6k
miles on my in just about two months. See my sig for lots of pics.
One question, how did NGP turn down the boost if you don't have a boost controller?
Oh yeah, don't forget to post some pics and dyno plots.......

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Re: MY VR6T is finally complete!!!!!!!! (GVTWI)

quote:[HR][/HR]well, ill give you a quick rundown.... right now it is at 5 lbs of boost which is 220 at the wheels..... we originally had it at 8lbs and 248 at the wheels with 186 ft lbs of torque .. [HR][/HR]​
Only 186 ft-lbs?!!! don't you mean like 286?!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Re: MY VR6T is finally complete!!!!!!!! (DriversWanted)

i m not trying to rain on anyones parade but you could have spent 1/10th of that amount on a N20 set up and yield similar results. i m sure everyone here is looking forward to dyno pulls...
D_J

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Re: MY VR6T is finally complete!!!!!!!! (johnblaze80)

WOW! i take it you have never seen a N2O Dyno.Power is instant area under curve is raised from the second the selonoid opens until you let off.I am not saying N2O is better then a turbo but your statemant about peak numbers is way off.
quote:[HR][/HR]Its not about peak power jett.
I guarantee you his turbo willout run a comparable VR with nitrous at the track
its not about peak numbers[HR][/HR]​
A VR running NOS will walk all over a turbo VR (with the same hp).Nitrous has no lag and less wieght then a full turbo as well.

[Modified by 20VsilvrGTI, 2:45 PM 8-4-2002]

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Re: MY VR6T is finally complete!!!!!!!! (20VsilvrGTI)

until you try to drive the nitrous VR is every day driving and it doesnt do shiiiat because ya cant use nitrous on everyday roads. turbos never run out of juice. n2o bottles do.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Re: MY VR6T is finally complete!!!!!!!! (GtiGuy1)

I cant agree with you more .But the guy who my thread was directed at said a turbo VR will walk past a NO2 VR on the track(im guessing that meant 1/4 mile)If the cars were both putting out lets say 250hp to the wheels the NO2 car will be faster because that stuff is instant power and does not let up.No heat soak no lag and only a extra 10 lbs in the hatch.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts