My VW/A pics from the Quito, Ecuador Auto show

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  mt30V 
#1 ·
On topic...

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: (1.8TRabbit)

Quote, originally posted by 1.8TRabbit »
are those all the cars going into production?

They are in production: south american market...i see them on the street everyday

#8 ·

Why are they on the market their, But not here in the us?

Because there is a much, much larger market for small, modestly powered, modestly equipped vehicles in South America and Europe than there in the US. Many of VW's small foreign models would be widely seen as too underpowered and too crudely finished to be competitive in the US market. Also, it would be fairly difficult for VW to keep their smallest vehicles competitively priced - until they made any changes needed for US federalization and to bring available features and options up to US standards, in order to turn any profit they would probably end up pricing themselves out of contention.

#13 ·

What is the vw gol? DO YOU MEAN THE GOLF?!?!

¿I don´t mean to be a smart ass, but what does the car say on it?
GOL - just like what they say in south america when you score in a soccer game...

Modified by lucaq at 11:04 AM 11-28-2004

#14 ·

What is the vw gol? DO YOU MEAN THE GOLF?!?!

No...the Gol is a completely different model in Brazil, it's not just a misspelling of Golf.

#15 ·
Re: (03kpa)

Really? Thats weird.. Thanx for the info 03kpa.. Atleast some one is helpfull.. cough cough lucaq cough cough

#16 ·

Really? Thats weird.. Thanx for the info 03kpa.. Atleast some one is helpfull.. cough cough lucaq cough cough

heeeey! I provided pictures...with just a small undertone of sarcasm

#18 ·
Re: (03kpa)

Quote, originally posted by 03kpa »

Because there is a much, much larger market for small, modestly powered, modestly equipped vehicles in South America and Europe than there in the US. Many of VW's small foreign models would be widely seen as too underpowered and too crudely finished to be competitive in the US market. Also, it would be fairly difficult for VW to keep their smallest vehicles competitively priced - until they made any changes needed for US federalization and to bring available features and options up to US standards, in order to turn any profit they would probably end up pricing themselves out of contention.

Isn't it true that the VWs we don't see in the US are the ones out there competeing with the Japanese in other countries at that level?
OT sorry but is this the Sportback? What engine badge is that? Which red is that?

Modified by mt30V at 6:46 PM 11-30-2004

Modified by mt30V at 6:47 PM 11-30-2004

#19 ·
Re: (mt30V)

I'm sorry, i don't have a high res version to refer to and see the badge is, i think it was 2.0 but i am not positive. sorry

#21 ·
Re: (lucaq)

Quote, originally posted by lucaq »
I'm sorry, i don't have a high res version to refer to and see the badge is, i think it was 2.0 but i am not positive. sorry

That's ok. I think you're right. If it's a Sportback=Ecua-wagen then it should be a 2.0T non-quattro cuz I don't see a quattro badge.
Thanks for the pics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.