VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK....this morning was the first time that I've actually found the time to clean my new Jetta...meticulously clean at least...
....now, I'm ready to apply my VORTEX sticker and give it a new home....but...for whatever reason, it's not coming off of the plastic backing....it's stuck or something...the white clothy type material pulls away easily but leaves the letters with the adhesive side down on the plastic backing.....Does anybody have any special technique to prompt this thing to work as usual?? The sticker is not reverse cut...because I am going to tint and don't want it getting in the way....
Now...I also know that this is the MKIII forum....and being an ex-MKIIIer I know that this forum is the best for responses...the friggin MKIV forum moves at the speed of light and nothing ever gets accomplished over there....so no big deal...so what, I'm putting a vortex sticker on my MKIV....give me a break...
....here's something to stay on topic fellas.....love the Monte Carlos on MKIII's...
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by vwsteve, 12:13 PM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
462 Posts
Re: My vwvortex.com sticker...no worky..???? (vwsteve)

i don't know but i'm going to give you a bump and also say i love those tails on that gti

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Re: My vwvortex.com sticker...no worky..???? (arsbars)

Maybe heat it up a little with a hairdryer to get the glue sticky?...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Re: My vwvortex.com sticker...no worky..???? (vwsteve)

Dude, you're having troubles putting on a sticker?

The letters are supposed to stay on the backing. Once you peel the first white layer off, line up the backing to your window. Rub out any air bubbles and then peel off the second backing...

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
Re: My vwvortex.com sticker...no worky..???? (Gelly)

Exactly. Carefully position the stickers where you want them, you only get one shot at this...then press the white part down really hard, smooth out any air bubbles, then pull the white part off. There are more detailed instructions on gezuvor's website. I put mine on my license plate protector, looks sweet.

·
Registered
23,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: My vwvortex.com sticker...no worky..???? (Gelly)

quote:[HR][/HR]Dude, you're having troubles putting on a sticker?
[HR][/HR]​
....yeah
....the stickers had been sitting in my garage for about a year...and for whatever reason they got weird and they just were not cooperating....and you really only get one shot at getting it on perfect....needless to say, the sticker went in the trash after multiple attempts at getting it to work the way it was supposed to...so....I ordered some new ones this afternoon.....better luck next time...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.