VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just did a cross country road trip. started in virginia, but had to make a stop in vermont, rhode island, and connecticut. i did the prechecks, changed the oil, yada yada yada. so i end up in san diego and look under the hood and noticed oil on the right side of the valve cover, so i order a new valve cover gasket. went to replace it. well there was a hole in the crankcase breather hose. went to remove it and replace it and the lower crankcase breather hose coming from the pvc valve also broke. went to vw and they wanted 150$ so i took some forum advice and make my own.

the hole i found

oil spill

cams

end result

lower crankcase breather hose going into the T with the pvc valve

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Re: (SlowGolf1)

Quote, originally posted by SlowGolf1 »
It works for a quick fix but I couldn't roll like that

Actually, I think the whole purpose of the fix was so that he could "roll"
... doesn't look too bad, and is a whole lot more durable than the stock piece. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: my weekend work (mto386)

any suggestions to clean up the rest of the mess? i dont think i just wannt start spraying stuff with engine degreaser and rinsing with water?

·
Banned
449 Posts
Re: my weekend work (mto386)

Quote, originally posted by mto386 »
any suggestions to clean up the rest of the mess? i dont think i just wannt start spraying stuff with engine degreaser and rinsing with water?

you can also use aerosol brake cleaner, it works wonders and evaporates really quickly.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Re: (lerak2598)

Quote, originally posted by lerak2598 »

Actually, I think the whole purpose of the fix was so that he could "roll"
... doesn't look too bad, and is a whole lot more durable than the stock piece. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

ROFL..............Doesnt look too good to me but it works

1 - 7 of 7 Posts