VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm currently rebuilding a 93 mk3 golf and am trying to figure out where this cut wire goes in the rear of the golf, it's connected to this 3 pin connector (seems to go up into hatch)
Shoe Automotive lighting Luggage and bags Bag Outdoor shoe

Haven't been able to find any sort of info and the Haynes manual isn't helping me at :'))) any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably third brake light. Will be a black/red and brown wire.
Yeah I was assuming, just trying to figure out where it connects as it was cut by the previous owner, from what I've gathered it seems to go up into the hatch and connect to something? I bought a whole new hatch harness and it has the other end with a 2 pin plug but i can't seem to figure out where this 2 pin plug goes :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will have to check the roof area when I get home, I thought it was a solid harness that just went through the hatch too but can't seem to find where in the hatch harness it plugs into. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I was thinking, as the little 2 pin plug that came with the harness I order was already put through that shoulder in the box I got from ebay with what looks like the wiper fluid hose, just can't seem to find a female plug for this 2 pin plug inside the hatch, will take a picture of the other half of the wire when I get home from work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts