VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my car is cold, the exhaust tip looks like this, centered.

But after I drive it hard, it looks like this, almost touching the back.

Is this some kinda freakin law of physics or some termodynamic hoohaw like that? I only went to high school for a year. :what:

I guess I gotta weld it up again so it sits closer to the front when it's cold.

· Registered
2,612 Posts
you do realize when your car heats up, the exhaust expands....when my muffler shop put my straight pipe on my Jetta they didnt make the last hanger long enough, so each time the car would heat up it would slide right off, ghetto rig something like i did, coat hanger still has it secure to this day

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you do realize when your car heats up, the exhaust expands....
Damn, that would explain it. The whole freaking exhaust system gets longer! And here I make my clever little gangster side exit tip, and the entire length of the system's growth due to heat is showing up at my tip.

Thanks guys. I need a bigger little gangsta cutout there with cheesy SS plate I bought at the overpriced French hardware store. :banghead:

· Registered
8,055 Posts
i see you comment on a lot of threads. you're a tough critic. :beer:
Come on, if you've read at least half of my responses, you'll know I usually give positive criticism or help out somehow. I usually only give negative comments, if it's warranted or justified.

The OP obviously doesn't care how the heat shield looks, as long as it works. Which is fine by me, as it's fine by him as well. I just made a comment about his corner cutting skills, nothing major.:)

· Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Holy crap buddy! Did you get Stevie Wonder to cut that shield for you?!
:laugh:
Damn, busted. :sly:

I photochopped the pic where it's centered. Hastily. But the pic where it's almost touching is real. Looks better, eh? I did the shield kinda fast knowing that I'll replace it with a 2.5" system within a year.

Stevie, hah! Do you know how his wife punishes him when he's bad?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.