VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. Have Rabbit. When it rains the headliner felt starts seperating in the back half of the car. Not directly wet but cold and clammy when I put mt hand up to restick it to the headliner(it doesn't stick of course). How is the water getting inside? This wet thing only happens when it rains. I have done the hose thing with a water nozzle and can't get it wet inside. This has happened on another with a fabric interior....identical problem different year of vehicle. Light drizzle or heavy downpour, sun roof or not, car moving or not,makes no difference. If it is raining....its getting inside. This should be an easy "look at it--a hole should be evident" Well, it ain't so evident. I have had a vinyl ceiling one (from Germany) - you could tell that it didn't get wet inside just by the interior smell.
The hatch seal is in great shape, the sunroof seal is tight, the channels are open. The window seals are tight and wouldn't apply in this case as the headliner felt starts seperating at the rear...and the car is parked overnight.
Any ideas that go somewhere else that I haven't looked at.

· Registered
2,408 Posts
Re: mystry leak (friedemann)

You don't have a FUBA antenna do you?? My hatch seal leaks a little bit and its in descent shape too. If you have the time you could always pull the headliner piece down and spray it with a hose for a while you're bound to find it then. Is your hatch seal on the body tight? it could be running down it...which is what I think mine does.
Good luck.... i know how you feel with leaks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.