VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried three differnet n75 valve(c,j,and h) to cure my surging problem and they all work great. No surging, pulls all the way till redline. After Im confident that I have solve the surging problem a few weeks later my car runs like crap again, surging, poor throttle response and inconsistant throttle response behavior. Is this normal? Drives me freaking crazy. Whats going on the first few weeks that makes my car run well? Why dosn't it stay that way?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: n75 valve works great for a couple of days? (swiftstylez)

Which version of the APR 91? What DV? You should do a TBA on a cold engine frequently too. turbo backs can have some serious boost issues witht he APR v1.1 and the other high boost chips like GIAC X. It might be something you need to live with. The H will most likely give issues witht he TB, but the J and C are supposedly very nice with a 2.5". I've run them with no issues...just not on a full exhaust.

Modified by einsig at 8:41 PM 6-29-2003

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: n75 valve works great for a couple of days? (turbomadman)

I stop using the mbc so im back to just the n75. I have the v1.1 file with a stock "n" dv.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Re: n75 valve works great for a couple of days? (swiftstylez)

Have you tried changing the coolant sensor, if you have a black topped one switching to the latest green topped one can't hurt.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: n75 valve works great for a couple of days? (coolvdub)

Coolant temp sensor won't affect the boost like that. It has nothing to do witht he wastegate getting all wacky. I would first put in a properly working DV. Sounds like the spring might be giving or a small tear. Both will cause problems like you describe and usually w/o a CEL or code. Once you get a good DV in there, I'd work with the J or C version. The H is probably gonna send you into limp anyway with that exhaust.
Add, also you should upgrade to the v2.0. It's smoother, no tendancy to surge, more power, holds boost longer, big top end, pure fun!

Modified by einsig at 12:09 AM 6-30-2003

1 - 7 of 7 Posts